Hopefully someone can advise with this:

I have BIS setup with GMail, my GMail is set to IMAP only, so POP is turned off. When writing or replying to emails in Apple Mail (7.0/Maverick) as soon as I click send I get a duplicate as a new email on my BB sent from myself.

I carried out the steps in this KB: KB10332-Duplicate sent email message arrives on the BlackBerry smartphone when sent using an integrated Gmail account

But it has not helped and it is still happening.

I also turned off 'save drafts on the server' in Apple Mail.

I can't see a reason for this to happen. With no BIS not using POP it should see the sent emails as sent emails, what is it about the behaviour of Apple Mail that causes BIS to send me my sent mail as a new email.

If I send an email using the GMail website, I get the usual sent mail on my device as it should be, certainly not as a new mail from myself. In fact, it obviously means the issue described in the KB is not the issue I am experiencing because it works fine for sending mails from GMail's website.

Hope someone has some insight on this!

Thank you
    11-26-13 06:37 PM
    Wow I've been looking into this for you and I haven't been able to find anything. I've got a friend who's very knowledgeable so I'll see what she says about this issue. Give me a little bit of time.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-27-13 07:15 AM
    I don't use apple mail at all but it sounds like it's set to send a copy to yourself somewhere in the settings as well.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk
    11-27-13 08:58 AM
    I don't use apple mail at all but it sounds like it's set to send a copy to yourself somewhere in the settings as well.

Thanks, woman. Sorry to bother.
    11-27-13 10:35 AM
    Thanks, woman. Sorry to bother.
    Oh it's no bother.
    11-27-13 10:37 AM
    Wow I've been looking into this for you and I haven't been able to find anything. I've got a friend who's very knowledgeable so I'll see what she says about this issue. Give me a little bit of time.
    Thank you qbnkelt. Hopefully your knowledgeable friend will have some insight
    11-28-13 03:23 PM

You'd think so, but I don't have this setting enabled, also I am not aware of such a setting. It must be Apple Mail because from the GMail website it functions correctly showing the tick on sent mails vs new mails from myself with Apple Mail.

I have Entourage, I will set it up and see if the same behavior occurs there and will report back.
    11-28-13 03:25 PM
    Well I didn't want to do it, as I knew it would take hours and hours to re-download my mails but I deleted the account from Apple Mail and re-added it and it is now functioning normally. I have checked the settings closely and I don't see any differences! So its a mystery why this occurred. I just hope this doesn't happen again!!!
    11-28-13 04:01 PM
    Well I didn't want to do it, as I knew it would take hours and hours to re-download my mails but I deleted the account from Apple Mail and re-added it and it is now functioning normally. I have checked the settings closely and I don't see any differences! So its a mystery why this occurred. I just hope this doesn't happen again!!!
    Probably just a quirk when it auto provisioned, if there's anything one can count on with tech it's that it will behave badly.
    11-28-13 04:25 PM
    It's back! I don't believe it! I changed absolutely nothing and today the BB is receiving new mails from myself, when sent from Apple Mail.
    11-29-13 06:08 AM