Ok, so I deleted the Blackberry messenger application from the applications list, but the program is still there... it still works and has icons and everything. How do I get rid of it ?
    12-23-09 01:09 PM
    for the OP:

Options >> Applications >> Add-On (from the Drop-Down menu) >> Scroll down to BBM and DELETE

i have an 8530 so hopefully it's the same for you!
    12-23-09 01:15 PM
    @ jmegirl23 - no offence, but which part of "I deleted the Blackberry messenger application from the applications list" isn't getting through to you ? Do you think I'm that dumb ? )

@ Issan.Acosta - Thank you
    Last edited by ToTaL-AbUsEr; 12-23-09 at 02:11 PM.
    12-23-09 01:24 PM
    @ jmegirl23 - no offence, but which part of "I deleted the Blackberry messenger application from the applications list" isn't getting through to you ? Do you think I'm that dumb ? )
    Note to self: Stop trying to be helpful if I'm going to get this kind of rubbish in response.

I misread your original post. So sorry to have wasted your time.

Good luck figuring out how to uninstall it.

I hear Google has all the answers.
    12-23-09 01:30 PM
    Note to self: Stop trying to be helpful if I'm going to get this kind of rubbish in response.

I misread your original post. So sorry to have wasted your time.

Good luck figuring out how to uninstall it.

I hear Google has all the answers.
    Note to myself : Stop talking to spammers )))

Anyway, anybody have a solution ?
    12-23-09 01:32 PM
    I'm not a spammer. I just know how to use Google. You should try it. Your answer is on Page 1.
    12-23-09 01:38 PM
    Ok. I admit. I'm stupid. I just can't find the bloody solution. care to enlighten me, Miss Jme ?
    12-23-09 02:09 PM
    i just activated my phone a few days ago, so i hadnt actually added my BBM friends back yet. so, i did just what i told you to do earlier - delete the BBM application through the Applications menu - and it worked for me. it said i had to reboot, but it worked for me. once rebooted, the icon for BBM was no longer there.

i'm not sure why it won't work for you.
    12-23-09 02:31 PM
    Well, I added a few friends, and then deleted, but the app was still open ... Maybe that has something to do with it. I'll try deleting my friends, then rebooting, although it makes no sense
    12-23-09 02:34 PM
    when i deleted the app through the applications menu, it actually told me that the delete won't be final until the device is rebooted, then asked if i wanted to reboot.

i wouldn't think you need to delete your BBM friends before you delete the app. deleting the app should be all you need to do. i always thought deleting was uninstalling, but maybe i'm wrong. this is only my 2nd blackberry.
    12-23-09 02:37 PM
    "i wouldn't think you need to delete your BBM friends before you delete the app" I didn't think so either, but I'm an IT tehnician, and I deal with PC's everyday. It's the same thing like trying to safely remove an USB device which is working. It just won't let you. So, after deleting all of my friends and restarting It's finally gone, although I think it had to do with open conversations, not deleting contacts
    12-23-09 02:48 PM
    Deleting it like jmegirl said would have gotten rid of it. But yes, you'd have to reboot it too. It should have told you that when deleting it. You shouldn't have to delete contacts. Just reboot. A quick shortcut is like on Windows when you press CTRL. ALT, DEL but instead on these press ALT, the right SHIFT key and DEL and it will reboot it. For you or anyone else that doesn't know that. I'm not sure where I came across that but it's not blatantly obvious.
    12-23-09 02:49 PM
    "i wouldn't think you need to delete your BBM friends before you delete the app" I didn't think so either, but I'm an IT tehnician, and I deal with PC's everyday. It's the same thing like trying to safely remove an USB device which is working. It just won't let you. So, after deleting all of my friends and restarting It's finally gone, although I think it had to do with open conversations, not deleting contacts
    I'm pretty sure it was just the reboot of the phone that fixed it. Sounds like you hadn't done that yet?
    12-23-09 02:50 PM
    People, I already mentioned, I did reeboot the phone. It even asked me, "the application will be completely removed when you reboot the phone - do you want to reboot now?" and I said Yes. So, c'mon, I ain't stupid Or at least not that stupid
    12-23-09 03:04 PM
    People, I already mentioned, I did reeboot the phone. It even asked me, "the application will be completely removed when you reboot the phone - do you want to reboot now?" and I said Yes. So, c'mon, I ain't stupid Or at least not that stupid
    I didn't see anywhere that you said you actually rebooted. I just looked again and still didn't see it. So maybe my mistake but I don't see it. Trying to be helpful. Either way, I think the reboot itself did it.
    12-23-09 03:06 PM
    I'm pretty sure it was just the reboot of the phone that fixed it. Sounds like you hadn't done that yet?
    I agree. A Boot/Battery pull after you uninstall an app and it is (90% of the times) gone for good.
    Last edited by diegonei; 12-23-09 at 03:16 PM.
    12-23-09 03:07 PM
    I didn't see anywhere that you said you actually rebooted. I just looked again and still didn't see it. So maybe my mistake but I don't see it. Trying to be helpful. Either way, I think the reboot itself did it.
    Yeah, you're right. Sorry for the misunderstanding created. now that I checked I really didn't mention. So here's the order:

1 - Delete application

2 - Reboot, app still there.

3 - Delete all friends, all pending requests, close all open conversations

4 - Reboot, app gone

So, maybe now you'll understand why I say I don't think the reboot did it, because I did reboot in the first place with no effect

Diegonei, don't agree, because I posted another thing
    12-23-09 03:11 PM
    Yeah, you're right. Sorry for the misunderstanding created. now that I checked I really didn't mention. So here's the order:

1 - Delete application

2 - Reboot, app still there.

3 - Delete all friends, all pending requests, close all open conversations

4 - Reboot, app gone

So, maybe now you'll understand why I say I don't think the reboot did it, because I did reboot in the first place with no effect

Diegonei, don't agree, because I posted another thing
    Perhaps the first reboot didn't do it. That can happen with any kind of computer system or OS and such. You should know that being in IT as you said. I would have tried a reboot or reboot and battery pull before deleting just to see. Probably would have still worked.
    12-23-09 03:13 PM
    Ok. Edit. both reboots were accompanied by battery pulls (+20seconds waiting time) , but I'm failing to see your point ? either way, be it the closing conversations or the reboots/battery pulls whatever, I'm glad it's gone
    12-23-09 03:17 PM
    I'm glad to see you got it fixed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 03:25 PM
    Glad it's fixed.
    12-23-09 03:35 PM
    this thread made my head hurt
    12-23-09 04:13 PM
    dude. you're so rude. these people were just trying to help you. like seriously? glad your problem got solved so you could stop whining, but seriously my head hurt too by reading this
    12-24-09 05:57 PM
    "dude" ???
    Another noob ?
    I'm so confused

EDIT : Stop f@#$%^g spamming
    12-25-09 12:12 AM
    "dude" ???
    Another noob ?
    I'm so confused

EDIT : Stop f@#$%^g spamming
    It is a little annoying seeing you call everyone "noob" and a "spammer". I don't know if you think what you're doing is cute or funny but it's not entertaining or even tolerable to some. It's just beyond annoying. Like the guy said that you just called a "noob", people were just trying to help. I think you need to take it easy a bit, accept the help or in some other cases opinions of others or whatever and just be nice and not start throwing around the "noob" and "spammer" name calling.

Okay, I'm done now. Merry Christmas and everyone just lighten up and enjoy life. Please.
    12-25-09 04:36 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD