I posted this in the General Forum earlier , because I didn't scroll down far enough to find this discussion:
    I don't see a place to discuss update 7.1.0.32 of BB Desktop Software. I have a BB Style 9670, but I don't think that's related to the question.

I just updated my desktop software and now when I connect the phone to my computer and try to view on my computer the pictures currently on my phone (preparing to import them to the computer), I get
    Pictures failed to load.
    An unexpected error occurred.
    I'll say this was unexpected. It never happened with earlier versions of the desktop software. When I disconnect the phone, the pictures are still there on the phone (thank goodness!).

When I go to Media Sync>Videos, the desktop software, oddly, sees one video on the phone, although there are quite a few more.

I don't "sync"; I only import pics from the phone to the computer as a way of backing them up.

I'd appreciate some help with this.

I could uninstall and then reinstall the desktop software. Is that the best solution to this problem?
    Then I replied to myself:
    Well, I wound up uninstalling DS, then downloading DS7.1 and (re)installing it. Things working fine now. I hate it when updates mess things up.

Carry on.
    I'm curious about whether anyone else upgraded and encountered this problem.
    07-28-12 06:53 PM
    I had this problem, but I'm still at 6.0. I don't even want to upgrade to DS7. I still haven't fixed it. I'm going backwards to an earlier DS.
    10-23-12 08:20 PM
    Well, it just happened again to me today. First time since my original post above in July 2012. I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall the DS again.

I'm just talking to myself here.
    09-06-13 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD