WHAT TO EXPECT
    All the Driphter Goodness
    3G, Fast, Great Battery Life
    Holds PRL, No Registration Message
    Working #4357* and VAD
    Reduced Browser Requesting Lag
    Increased Browser Speed
    02-05-10 12:34 PM
    Great.. another awesome Driphter hybrid to try out tonight!! Are you going to offer the java version to download later on or just the .exe? Never used the .exe version, but I guess I can figure it out ok. Your DV5.1 is outstanding... not sure how it could be any better,, but I'm trying out your latest to see how it performs. Thanks again for all your great hybrids,,, makes the Tour come to life!!!!
    02-05-10 12:40 PM
    Woot!!! Loading this when I get home from work...

I'll post my findings after it settles
    02-05-10 12:48 PM
    of course a new one drops.. just installed dv5.1 2 days ago. 5.1 runs great though.. so maybe ill skip a few .
    02-05-10 01:09 PM
    yea DV5.1 is awsome....whats the difference?........my berry is now getting used to 5.1 and now DV6 drops?....lol......and i also just finished reentering all my activation codes lol.....
    02-05-10 01:21 PM
    sorry guys . . . I can quit building for a while lol

I'm looking forward to checking out your feedback. ENJOY
    02-05-10 03:50 PM
    Great.. another awesome Driphter hybrid to try out tonight!! Are you going to offer the java version to download later on or just the .exe? Never used the .exe version, but I guess I can figure it out ok. Your DV5.1 is outstanding... not sure how it could be any better,, but I'm trying out your latest to see how it performs. Thanks again for all your great hybrids,,, makes the Tour come to life!!!!
    I love the exe. I say it is ten times easier.... As for another hybrd... I couldn't be happier. I think I am addicted to swapping out hybrids now... lol
    will post in 24 to let everyone know what the craic is about this...
    02-05-10 07:36 PM
    All,

You will need to download this patch and extract to your java folder after running the .exe

Currently there are no "email settings" in the setup folder if you do not add these .COD files. If you have already installed Dv6, then just download the patch, extract, and load the .COD's individually using BBSAK.
    02-05-10 08:51 PM
    Whats the difference from 5.1?
    02-05-10 09:42 PM
    can anyone who had been running 5.1 and has since dl'ed/installed 6 give any insight as to what might be better?

thanks!
    02-05-10 10:52 PM
    Here I go again. LOL !! Dv 5.1 is settling in great. But I must download.
    02-06-10 12:02 AM
    Sweet, my texts don't all try to go into a single thread!

Hopefully it stays that way, too. I was running .419 fine for a couple days, then *poof*.
    02-06-10 12:23 AM
    can anyone who had been running 5.1 and has since dl'ed/installed 6 give any insight as to what might be better?

thanks!
    I'll let you know how it settles, initially I've noticed a reduced "requesting" lag from the browser and more app memory free with the same apps installed...
    02-06-10 12:52 AM
    Dv 6.0 is locked and loaded. Will Post findings in a few hours/days. Thanks again Dripther for your awesome work.
    02-06-10 01:20 AM
    I loaded last night, I'm new to this hybrid stuff as I loaded 5.1 Thurday and 6 last night, so far so good. I did dl the patch to get my email settings to work.

-Josh
    02-06-10 09:37 AM
    I love the exe. I say it is ten times easier.... As for another hybrd... I couldn't be happier. I think I am addicted to swapping out hybrids now... lol
    will post in 24 to let everyone know what the craic is about this...
    Well after about three mouse clicks I can have the java folder installed and ready to go. After trying the exe version and looking in the OS folder, I really don't know what kind of mess I have. Guess I won't be trying this one,, sticking with DV5.1.
    Last edited by olemil; 02-06-10 at 12:20 PM.
    02-06-10 10:11 AM
    I'll let you know how it settles, initially I've noticed a reduced "requesting" lag from the browser and more app memory free with the same apps installed...
    thanks a lot, i appreciate the help..it's just that sometimes, so many people post about the same thing..it's hard to decipher who is giving quality feedback or not..i truly like v5.1, just trying to see where i should settle in.
    02-06-10 02:28 PM
    How can I tell if the Hybrid installed? What does it say when I press cntrl/alt/h?
    02-06-10 02:59 PM
    How can I tell if the Hybrid installed? What does it say when I press cntrl/alt/h?
    Platform: 4.2.0.179
    App Version: 5.0.0.442 (726)
    02-06-10 03:51 PM
    This is the first time doing one of Driphter's OS's, the exe file worked perfect, i've had it on since this morning so too soon to tell but so far the memory is very solid in that it has not dropped like it did before. The Browser loads a lot quicker. Will report with more once I've had it on for a few days.
    02-06-10 04:19 PM
    Every time I do restart/battery pull, I have to log into sprint.blackberry.com and resend my service books in order to get data back.

I even ran the patch, but it's useless since after a restart I don't have data, so I can use the email setup icon.

Did I do something wrong?
    02-06-10 05:05 PM
    Every time I do restart/battery pull, I have to log into sprint.blackberry.com and resend my service books in order to get data back.

I even ran the patch, but it's useless since after a restart I don't have data, so I can use the email setup icon.

You very well may have done something wrong, as that's the first time I've heard of that problem on any thread here or on bbhybrids.
    02-06-10 10:23 PM

Same thing for me.
    02-06-10 11:28 PM
    @boricua:

how's dv6 holding up vs. dv5.1?
    02-06-10 11:41 PM
    Not noticing much of a difference over 5.1, however my bootup time seems to have decreased by at least a minute. Will have to double check on the next battery pull.
    02-06-10 11:56 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD