just installed .419, went to appworld to get BBM back and it is frozen downloading same spot as last night!!!! i tried pausing it and unpausing, battery pull everything I can't get it to finish downloading or even move!! what gives i need bbm back!
    01-19-10 02:50 AM
    Just get it from www.blackberry.com/messenger from your phone
    01-19-10 03:20 AM
    well that'll teach me to be half asleep and try to post...

the thought of that never even crossed my mind!!! all is well

thank you!
    01-19-10 08:01 AM
    You'll still need to take care of App World. There's two solutions.
    A. Go to App World, hold alt and press R S T. Your device will appear to freeze for a minute, and then you can proceed.
    B. The next time you get anything from App World, when you go to install it, you'll most likely find the Messenger install waiting.

The browser install is better for anything that's not exclusive to App World anyway. With BBM, you're not installing every language file, and App World is notorious for problems such as you've had.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 08:21 AM
    yea it was still waiting there at 1399 kb downloaded for over a day lol! finally gave me the option to cancel the download though so I got rid of it

just curious about the alt R S T combo never heard of that before...care to explain a little more?
    01-19-10 08:30 AM
    It resets the App World cache. Something that never is an issue.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-19-10 08:40 AM
    im having the same problem. Mine hangs up when i try and dl the newer one.

One thing is i can still use my BBM just fine soooo is it necessary to get the new one to Dl and install it?
    01-19-10 09:22 AM
    You'll find it a definite improvement all the way around.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-19-10 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD