CAN'T get it to my phone! I downloaded the file, installed it to the computer, deleted the vendor file and plugged my phone into my computer, ran DM and NOTHING!!! What am I doing wrong? I have upgraded from .40 to .57 without a problem....

Sorry if this has been addressed before, I've searched for a solution all day and haven't had any luck!!

Thanks in advance
    11-16-09 02:40 PM
    Don't use DM, use the loader. Quite a few threads on this.
    11-16-09 02:41 PM
    Don't use DM, use the loader. Quite a few threads on this.
    Again, my apologies for the repeat of the topic. Maybe I just wasn't searching the right things...

I tried both DM as well as using the loader and still had no luck!

When I use the loader application, it scans then pops up the list of applications on my phone and the option for the OS isn't there, I have tried to add it manually but when I do this, it tells me that "this application is not compatable with your device"
    11-16-09 02:46 PM
    What versions does it show for the applications? There is no "option" for the OS, it just shows revisions for the core apps.

If the core apps are 4.7.1, it's detecting the old os (did you uninstall the old OS from your PC?). If it shows 5.0, then it's the new OS.
    11-16-09 02:49 PM
    What versions does it show for the applications? There is no "option" for the OS, it just shows revisions for the core apps.

If the core apps are 4.7.1, it's detecting the old os (did you uninstall the old OS from your PC?). If it shows 5.0, then it's the new OS.
    When it shows the list of applications, it doesn't show any option for os... it just has stuff like facebook, google sync, etc. Yes, I did uninstall the old OS from my PC and the only one on the add/remove program list on my PC is 5.0
    11-16-09 02:52 PM
    You sure you downloaded the right OS?

I would Uninstall and delete everything blackberry/RIM related on your machine and then run CCleaner ( both the normal cleaner and the registry cleaner ) and then download the os and install it again.

It will work.

Well, worked for me when I was having that exact problem you are talking about.
    11-16-09 02:55 PM
    try running as an administrator. i was having the same problem as you until i ran app loader as an administrator then it worked perfectly. dont know why but it worked.
    11-16-09 05:01 PM
    You sure you downloaded the right OS?

I would Uninstall and delete everything blackberry/RIM related on your machine and then run CCleaner ( both the normal cleaner and the registry cleaner ) and then download the os and install it again.

It will work.

Well, worked for me when I was having that exact problem you are talking about.
    The file name had "Tour" within the name so I thought that would be the right one but maybe something was screwy with it... I am currently trying to search for another link to the OS.
    11-16-09 05:10 PM
    11-16-09 05:52 PM
    I was having a similar problem, tried installing without removing the vendor file and it worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 05:57 PM
    On a different note. I had no issues loading .230 on my phone but my wifes phone was being ignorant like yours. Do what I did....wipe the dang thing using bbsak or jlcmdr. Then install it. Worked like a charm.
    11-16-09 06:01 PM
    Thanks for the link! Downloading now!
    Last edited by jljn88; 11-16-09 at 06:22 PM.
    11-16-09 06:15 PM
    I have seen this
    11-16-09 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD