For those of you who haven't updated to the leaked version of .75, I highly recommend you just wait a few more days until the "official version" (which has more improvements than the leaked version) comes out later this week or next Monday.

I know an engineer at RIM and this leaked version was already back at their offices for improvement and was just recently updated with more fixes/tweeks and is back with Verizon. It's up to the carrier to be satisfied and set the official release date.

The leaked version was last updated by RIM on 11/26.... the official version will be updated through 12/1 (with more things added).
    12-02-08 11:15 AM
    There really is no reason not to update. It is not like updating to the leaked version prevents you from installing the official version once released. Why should anyone deal with issues for longer, if they are comfortable with using a leaked version. Your advise is flawed.
    12-02-08 11:20 AM
    There really is no reason not to update. It is not like updating to the leaked version prevents you from installing the official version once released. Why should anyone deal with issues for longer, if they are comfortable with using a leaked version. Your advise is flawed.

x2

Upgrade now and go to version .76 or whatever the release build turns out to be.
    12-02-08 11:22 AM
    and when was .65 last updated? maybe a week or two prior?
    12-02-08 11:23 AM
    I agree. Just because you update to the leaked version, it dosn't prevent you from updating to any "official" update. The only problem I can see is if the official one that gets released has the same exact build and version number as a leaked "beta" but that would be very bad programming if they did that.
    12-02-08 11:23 AM
    LOL - a little too late for...well...everyone w/ a storm!
    12-02-08 11:24 AM
    It's up to the carrier to be satisfied and set the official release date.
    Keep in mind Verizon was satisfied with .65.
    12-02-08 11:26 AM
    Im just saying save yourself the hassle of having to revert back to .65 just to get the official .75.... cause when the official version is released, it will say your leaked .75 is current.
    12-02-08 11:28 AM
    Keep in mind Verizon was satisfied with .65.
    touche

7 8 9 10
    12-02-08 11:29 AM
    Im just saying save yourself the hassle of having to revert back to .65 just to get the official .75.... cause when the official version is released, it will say your leaked .75 is current.
    new builds wil have newer version numbers. If there's changes, it will be different.
    12-02-08 11:30 AM
    I was under the impression it wouldn't be .75, it would be a number higher than that as isn't that .75 the build designation? So that means each time they build more stuff into the OS it increases by 1.
    12-02-08 11:31 AM
    really? you think they're gonna keep the OS version as .75? do you not understand how easy it is to delete the leaked .75 from your computer and...ummmm...i dont know...install the official release?
    12-02-08 11:32 AM
    Why would you have to revert to anything???
    12-02-08 11:33 AM
    12-02-08 11:37 AM
    So putting all of the hatred on this thread aside, if you have already updated to the .75 version, we can still update to whatever version verizon is releasing correct? Meaning, it wont hurt to stay with it for now.
    12-02-08 11:40 AM
    The �leaked" version is just fine until the official one comes out. Who knows when that will be! There won't be ANY problems getting the official version when it is available. I think people SHOULD update. .75 it is very stable and will not cause any problems and includes some fixes over .65

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 11:44 AM
    correct. the new OS will NOT be .75
    12-02-08 11:45 AM
    I can wait. I really don't want to deal with problems should they occur. I know I may see that when it's released, but I can wait.
    12-02-08 11:48 AM
    Leaked .75's working out like a charm. The VZ guy near my barber said that VZ is going to release another update around 12/8.

And Don, thanks again for .75, you saved one bb storm from getting thrown at a wall.
    12-02-08 12:06 PM
    Leaked .75's working out like a charm. The VZ guy near my barber said that VZ is going to release another update around 12/8.

And Don, thanks again for .75, you saved one bb storm from getting thrown at a wall.
    Goes for me as well, almost returned mine until I did the update. Now it works great. THANK YOU Don!!
    12-02-08 12:31 PM
    12-02-08 12:33 PM
    I agree - I was about to hurl the Storm at the wall more than I wanted to hurl my old Treo 755p and the Treo 650 at the wall. While .75 has shown a few other issues, I'd say that most of my issues with the OS (speed, stability) were remedied with the interim upgrade. There's no harm in upgrading, and in the event you actually had to revert back prior to upgrade (and I don't believe you would have to) then if you have a current backup then there'd be no problem.
    12-02-08 12:40 PM
    Goes for me as well, almost returned mine until I did the update. Now it works great. THANK YOU Don!!
    yeah, i was getting VERY dissapointed with the phone before this leaked update.. since getting it i am much more confident showing it off to friends who have been swooned by the iphone. I just wish the app store came out sooner.

i will send 2 dollars when i get a chance! thanks!
    12-02-08 12:40 PM
    I agree with the thread starter on this. I saw that too many people who had no real issues with .65 have now had to revert back after the update. They have had random reboots, and other odd problems. I worry I will begin to have the same.

Some have even said they have seen little to no difference. I, for one, have had no problems with my phone. Works like a charm. Sure, the accelerometer is slow and there is some lag here and there, but no random reboots, it takes calls great and functions when I need it.

I will be waiting for the official release.

I do, however, thank you Don, for the release, as I see it has helped many. Typically, I am the first to jump on beta releases and leaked software, but when it comes to my phone (something I use so frequently, I cannot be without), I am more cautious.
    12-02-08 01:19 PM
    Picked up my storm from fedex at 6pm, after it rebooted randomly twice updated to .75 by 8pm. I have been extremely happy ever since.

New update to the os from .75 just means it will be that much better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 01:28 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD