I am using a company's blackberry, and heard the company can access to the messenger record stored by RIM. Is it true? very scary.
    01-16-10 12:41 AM
    I guess if you using BES than probably.
    01-16-10 12:57 AM
    what is BES? thanks.
    01-16-10 01:10 AM
    what is BES? thanks.
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server BlackBerry Enterprise Server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    01-16-10 04:47 AM
    If you are using a company BlackBerry on an Enterprise server, they can see all. The system Admins are omnipotent.

If, however, you are on BIS, you're most likely in the clear.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 01-16-10 at 06:27 AM.
    01-16-10 06:23 AM
    very scary.
    Why is it scary? It is the company's property, just like the company email and PCs, they own it, they can do whatever they like with it. Now if it was your personal phone I would agree with you 100%, but it's not.
    01-16-10 07:00 AM
    Why is it scary? It is the company's property, just like the company email and PCs, they own it, they can do whatever they like with it. Now if it was your personal phone I would agree with you 100%, but it's not.
    Amen. There's probably something in the employee handbook or equivalent which addresses things of this nature, however most people never seem to read that part. When you go to work for someone else, you give up a bit of privacy as relates to what you do on their property or with their assets (phone, computer, company car, etc.). Nothing secret about it, and nothing scary as long as you're not doing anything that's against the law or in violation of policy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Muddville; 01-17-10 at 02:28 PM.
    01-17-10 10:09 AM
    Is it true? very scary.
    Just FYI, there isn't a connected device on my network that isn't monitored, logged, audited, and inventoried.

If it's your companies property, you can be sure they know what's happening on it, if they look.
    01-17-10 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD