I just got the 8530 and I am still playing around with the little tweaks. I know you can get separate calendars and make them different colors. So I suppose I have two questions. Haha. First, have they made it possible to color code a single calender, so can easily differentiate between work, school, and personal? And second, if they haven't done THAT, then do all the calenders show up on the today screen? Before only the main calendar entries would, not ones put under a different calender.

Again, I haven't played around with this OS to find some of the minor things like that, but being able to color code my calendar would be awesome! haha.

[Edit]: I answered the second question myself!

Also, I'm not looking for any apps that WILL do this. If the phone doesn't then oh well. Haha. It would just be helpful as I am ridiculously unorganized. (Just having the calendar THERE all the time is awesome.) ^_^
    Last edited by a.leah86; 01-08-10 at 09:47 AM.
    01-08-10 09:39 AM
    It should

In the Calendar > BB button > Options
    01-08-10 09:49 AM
    From what I can tell that let's you change the color of the entire calendar, not individual events.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 10:07 AM
    Oh, I misunderstood what you were asking...sorry
    01-08-10 10:47 AM
    From what I can tell that let's you change the color of the entire calendar, not individual events.

The color on the standard blackberry calendar can't be color coded. There's a program called "pocket informant" that allows color coding and allows you to assign icons also if you want. I'm not sure if there are any other programs that allow color coding or not.
    01-08-10 12:41 PM
    have they made it possible to color code a single calender, so can easily differentiate between work, school, and personal?
    Good post and good recommendation.

RIM needs to ratchet up their game and allow for some greater flexibility in customization of options in their OS.
    01-08-10 11:43 PM
    Good post and good recommendation.

RIM needs to ratchet up their game and allow for some greater flexibility in customization of options in their OS.
    I agree. I would just make it easier to see what's going on in my life at a glance. Instead of a million blobs of purple! (the color I have my calendar set to)

I've tried pocket informant but I just prefer the interface of the native calendar. Even if they would make it so multiple calendars would show up on the today screen that would be cool. Haha.
    01-10-10 01:25 AM
    Or the ability to add a category color to an entry similar to the functionality in Outlook.
    01-10-10 09:20 AM
    RIM's BB features are very 2002

01-13-10 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD