In BBM, one of the menu options is 'Send File' and the options for that are 'Picture,' 'File,' etc. I know it costs (I don't know how much) to send a 'MMS' but I was wondering if it cost to send a file through BBM, since it is basically the same ordeal.

TIA.
    07-05-10 09:39 PM
    you need to be paying for a blackberry data plan in order to use BBM. so in theory, yes you do need to pay for the plan. there are no additional charges involved.
    07-05-10 09:46 PM
    you need to be paying for a blackberry data plan in order to use BBM. so in theory, yes you do need to pay for the plan. there are no additional charges involved.
    I don't know much about the data plans, but I am paying like $25/month for the Internet, so I'm guessing that's my data plan. I'm just making sure that it doesn't cost like $0.50 per file that you send through BBM.
    07-05-10 09:49 PM
    Easy answer: No. It doesn't cost you any more than the data plan. You're on Verizon. AT&T...well make sure it's not too large a file
    07-05-10 10:02 PM
    Easy answer: No. It doesn't cost you any more than the data plan. You're on Verizon. AT&T...well make sure it's not too large a file
    I live in a small *** city, so I'm actually on US Cellular. Haha. I don't know why I have Verizon selected.
    07-05-10 10:06 PM
    blackberry BIS data plans, especially in the $25 dollar range include everything. you get, usually, unlimited internet, BBM and emails. MMS's may be a second, seperate charge. files sent though BBM do not cost extra to send as you have unlimited data through the provider.
    07-05-10 11:00 PM
    The fact that there are no extra charges to send files using BBM is one of the really useful things about BBM. I have BBM friends who live in other countries, but I am able to send files to them. If I had to use MMS internationally, it would be very expensive.
    07-05-10 11:09 PM
    I quit using mms because it was costly and most of the time it doesn't go through because the providers have poor communications between them.

Sending pics and files have been so much easier on bbm because it didn't cost me anything extra other then a data plan, it's fast and easy and there is sent confirmation.
    07-06-10 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD