View Poll Results: Do you use BBM? (USA only please)

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use it all the time, can't live without it.

49 47.57%
  • I use it once in a while.

19 18.45%
  • Never

14 13.59%
  • I use texting and email most of the time.

21 20.39%
    Howdy,

I was wondering just how well used BBM is here in the United States.

Some seem to use it all the time, some, like me, do not know more than 1-3 people with a BB, thus BBM is useless.

This is not a cut toward BBM, but rather, a poll to see if the U.S. uses as much as the rest of the world.

I use texting more than any other form of communication, next would be email.

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 04-11-12 at 09:29 AM.
    04-11-12 09:26 AM
    Hardly a scientific poll, but I voted.

I know people with BlackBerries I don't have on BBM, some whom I email with because they don't use BBM, and people I only know on BBM.

I use texting less than any other form of communication.
    04-11-12 10:17 AM
    Hardly a scientific poll, but I voted.

I know people with BlackBerries I don't have on BBM, some whom I email with because they don't use BBM, and people I only know on BBM.

I use texting less than any other form of communication.
    Wasn't meant to be scientific....just asking a question, but thanks for voting.

Tim
    04-11-12 10:22 AM
    I used BBM once for a few weeks and only with one person. I find texting suits most of my needs and haven't used BBM since.

I'm still open to using it and have not deleted it from my phone though.
    04-11-12 10:22 AM
    The last option on your poll seems like it doesn't belong. The question is about BBM. The first three poll options would suffice. Otherwise, you have to combine the responses of the last two questions to get a better read at the ultimate answer you are looking for.

Btw-my vote was for "Never", though I do text and email.
    04-11-12 10:23 AM
    Wasn't meant to be scientific....just asking a question, but thanks for voting.

Tim
    I guess if a poll had a point, we'd call it a spear.

Wait!

What?

trsbbs likes this.
    04-11-12 10:25 AM
    I used BBM once for a few weeks and only with one person. I find texting suits most of my needs and haven't used BBM since.

I'm still open to using it and have not deleted it from my phone though.
    Same here, so far. I did remove BBM for sometime before I purchased a PlayBook.
    I have since reinstalled it but I only have one person on it.
    That the number of folks I know with a BB here in WI.
    Yes, I know some Emergency Managers etc. and co-workers that have BB phones, but they use it for work and have a seperate phone (mostly Droids) for their private use.

Tim
    04-11-12 10:27 AM
    I have my BB at home on wifi. I use BBM to chat with random people when I'm bored, so I have my pin in the pin sharing board under a few different threads relevent to my interests. I'd say only 1 out of 10 people who add me are from the USA. Oddly enough, the vast majority of people who add me can't even answer me when I ask where they found my pin...
    04-11-12 10:32 AM
    I own two 9930's. One is my personal, and the other is tied into my employers BES. My personal one, BBM is the most used program. My work one BBM comes in a distant 2nd to e-mail.
    curvedthumb likes this.
    04-11-12 10:33 AM
    Don't use it at all. Either straight texting, or email when it's work related.

I know of only one other person who has a BB anymore - my stepmother. She works for a university, and she just emails everything.
    04-11-12 10:35 AM
    Unfortunately, most of the people that I talk with have all gone to Android or iOS systems....including my wife! So, I rarely ever get to use BBM anymore
    04-11-12 10:35 AM
    I would use it more if my friends/family used BlackBerry. I have 3 contacts left.

I have more on my Live Profile.

I really like BBM though. Hoping to covert some Friends/Family.

I have text blocked because it's expensive.
    04-11-12 10:40 AM
    nope, all my friends have iPhones or Androids.

I used BBM a few times in 2008-2009, and I got a few random BBM Music contacts but now......not at all
    04-11-12 11:46 AM
    I use an iPhone and a Blackberry.

Blackberry is only for BBM and the iPhone is for all APPS, if OS10 works well with all third party apps i will use only a BB and drop the iphone
    04-11-12 11:59 AM
    I use an iPhone and a Blackberry.

Blackberry is only for BBM and the iPhone is for all APPS, if OS10 works well with all third party apps i will use only a BB and drop the iphone
    Really? You only use your Blackberry for BBM?

Do you have a ton of BBM contacts just to use it only for BBM?

just curious.
    04-11-12 12:02 PM
    I use BBM all the time.
    04-11-12 12:22 PM
    Never got the chance to use BBM since I know no one with a BlackBerry.
    04-11-12 12:28 PM
    All the time with my wife, two sons, coworkers (we have personal blackberry devices, not ones issued by work) and a few vendors. I have 18 people in my BBM list. My wife uses it daily to also talk with friends and family still living in SA so we no longer deal with any international txt charges and they have a cost effective solution for there.
    04-11-12 01:14 PM
    I voted #1, but I could live without BBM, I actually use ALL forms of communication equal. I have 10 BBM contacts and I'm active with 9 of them, but I also use SMS, not all of my family/friends believe in BLACKBERRY
    04-11-12 01:21 PM
    I only know a few friends that have bbm, but I love the setup of bbm, so I just added all my contacts over to bbm, you know how you can have contacts that say "text messaging contact."

It would be awesome if I knew more people that had it though so I could get an even better effect, as in - seeing there profiles/statuses/music listening too/ etc.
    04-11-12 03:13 PM
    I had two coworkers on my BBM list, but they no longer use Blackberries. One gentleman did BBM me out of the blue asking for help upgrading his BB OS to a non carrier approved version. Of course I provided the assistance he needed.

I would love to see Voxer released for Blackberry.
    04-11-12 06:34 PM
    I have 6 BBM contacts, only a few from the US and no one that lives close to me but that I do consider friends and we use BBM exclusively. Unfortunately, as others have said, most of my friends/family have gone to Android/iOS and so text messaging is my main form of communication.
    04-11-12 07:38 PM
    I have 42 contacts on BBM and actively speak with about half of them in a two day period. If I had no BBM, i'd jump off a bridge. Seriously. That's how much I love it.
    04-11-12 07:53 PM
    I use BBM once in a while, but use SMS texting alot, since family and most friends are on other platforms.
    04-11-12 08:12 PM
    Two reasons why I don't use BBM: It uses your Data Plan and I don't have or know anyone that uses BlackBerry. I have unlimited Texting and so that works for me. It would be nice to have friends especially on here to BBM, but I only have a 200 mb plan and am on a budget.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 09:21 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD