12-15-15 02:07 PM
60 123
tools
    Having the basic functions is no longer enough in this day and age. While a small minority group of BBOS lovers may be content with that, the rest of the world wants much more from their phones. Heck, they even want them to be so powerful that they could replace their PCs.

One of the perception problems BlackBerry has been having is that the outside world still thinks BB10 is the same as the limited BBOS, and that has been hurting the sales. You need to accept that except a limited number of BBOS die-hards, nobody wants BBOS anymore! It's time to move on!
    I'm fine with letting people decide what they want and letting them be happy with their decision, even if it's not the same decision I would make.

Some people want laptop replacements in their pocket. Others want a simpler device that does a few things very well. Isn't it great that there are so many different tastes out there and a variety of devices to choose from? It's a remarkable world we live in.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9810 using Tapatalk
    David Tyler likes this.
    08-27-15 11:11 PM
    People use what works for them, that's the bottom line. Not everyone intends to use their smartphone as a pc replacement, nor do they have to.
    I have no problem with people using what works for them. Us using BB phones is a good example. The problem is people expecting BlackBerry to change course and cater to such minority group!
    08-27-15 11:46 PM
    People use what works for them, that's the bottom line. Not everyone intends to use their smartphone as a pc replacement, nor do they have to.
    Doesn't matter. It's a question of perception... doesn't matter what people use the phone for.

My mom uses her phone for basic features... and guess what... she has an iPhone cause it can also do basic features!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 07:50 AM
    Doesn't matter. It's a question of perception... doesn't matter what people use the phone for.

My mom uses her phone for basic features... and guess what... she has an iPhone cause it can also do basic features!

Posted via CB10
    You lost me - what was your point? Perception of what and by who?
    08-28-15 10:08 AM
    You lost me - what was your point? Perception of what and by who?
    Perception by consumers. The perception now is that BlackBerry sells dinosaurs... phones that are from another era that can only email and that needs battery pulls. If BlackBerry continues to sell and support legacy devices, they will just reinforce that image.

And perception is a very strong thing. People that only need a phone that does the "basics" will still buy an iPhone cause they won't look like dinosaurs. That's where BlackBerry had been losing. They have to show that they turned the page to legacy devices

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 01:03 PM
    Ok I understand what you are saying. You are responding generally to the title of the thread about reissuing the BBOS7 phones, not what I said about people using what works for them (ie. use a BBOS, BB10, Android, iOS etc.).

Regarding your comment about public perception being that BlackBerry phones look like or are dinosaurs, I disagree. The phones may not be in every buyer's taste, but the designs of the late generation BBOS devices like the 9900, Torch and Curve for example look pretty nice. The build quality and visual design is just as good as anything else out there in terms of modern "look", in my view.

I am not arguing here that BB should reissue any of these phones, I am simply responding to your position that the phones are dinosaurs and that you think nobody would choose them over an iPhone to do basic tasks. I disagree with that as well. People will buy or use what they like, and there's still people out there that would like to buy such phones unless you surveyed the masses and came to that conclusion. I do agree though that more people would opt for iPhone due to the huge popularity, but that doesn't mean it's any better at making phone calls or sending texts. And just because people out there use any legacy BB phones, doesn't taint perception any more than someone using a legacy era iPhone as well - like anything before the iPhone 4 for example.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 08-28-15 at 08:58 PM.
    David Tyler likes this.
    08-28-15 08:40 PM
    Ok I understand what you are saying. You are responding generally to the title of the thread about reissuing the BBOS7 phones, not what I said about people using what works for them (ie. use a BBOS, BB10, Android, iOS etc.).

Regarding your comment about public perception being that BlackBerry phones look like or are dinosaurs, I disagree. The phones may not be in every buyer's taste, but the designs of the late generation BBOS devices like the 9900, Torch and Curve for example look pretty nice. The build quality and visual design is just as good as anything else out there in terms of modern "look", in my view.

I am not arguing here that BB should reissue any of these phones, I am simply responding to your position that the phones are dinosaurs and that you think nobody would choose them over an iPhone to do basic tasks. I disagree with that as well. People will buy or use what they like, and there's still people out there that would like to buy such phones unless you surveyed the masses and came to that conclusion. I do agree though that more people would opt for iPhone due to the huge popularity, but that doesn't mean it's any better at making phone calls or sending texts. And just because people out there use any legacy BB phones, doesn't taint perception any more than someone using a legacy era iPhone as well - like anything before the iPhone 4 for example.
    Yeah but remember it's all a numbers game. If BlackBerry can't provide a proper return on equity, then the company is going south.

And I highly doubt that there are enough people buying legacy BlackBerry phones out there to keep the company alive.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 06:25 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 12:29 PM
    No.

---
    Xeak

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-29-15 04:35 PM
    After BB will not offer BIS for legacy phones, they should send a software update permiting mail usage over internet instead of dead BIS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Xeak and elfabio80 like this.
    12-15-15 02:07 PM
60 123