I ditched my BlackBerry Z30 for a Curve 9320. There are more useful and functional apps for BBOS 7 than for BB10. The so called BlackBerry experience can be enjoyed only if you use a legacy (legendary in my opinion) device. New BlackBerry phone which run on BlackBerry 10 is just another phone with mediocre user satisfaction.

via  BlackBerry Z30 
    Last edited by harishc; 08-18-15 at 11:32 AM.
    08-16-15 12:06 PM
    Well I have to say none of my Legacy phones ever double typed....

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 12:07 PM
    No.

There's a reason that the decline of BlackBerry started before February 2013.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 12:14 PM
    I was actually in a store the other day and they had about 20 legacy devices on display. I asked the owner how come so many? They answered that these are the phones that people are looking for. Bb10 is so much better but I think that they should have made it be more like the older OS. Unfortunately they cannot go back.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 09:33 AM
    I've been thinking A LOT about buying a 9930, and I'm on a fence. I already have Passport and Z10 but ever so curious to try the legacy BlackBerry. Especially the keyboard. They say the keyboard on BBOS are unbeatable, even by the Passport . Is that true?

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    08-17-15 09:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    http://www.berryreview.com/2011/02/0...r-double-type/

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-17-15 09:52 AM
    http://www.berryreview.com/2011/02/0...r-double-type/

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Wow! I had no idea! But then I didn't have a 9780 either. My Legacy phones were the Curve 8330, Bold 9700 and Bold 9900 - no stuttering on any of them.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 10:42 AM
    Hell yes!! image a classic with os7... but BB should upgrade it so maybe OS8.. with better functionality and smother too

and besides... this can be as extra secure cause no major third party apps
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-17-15 11:43 AM
    This thread is weird... why do people have an obsession over terrible phones?

Enjoy your 2" screen curve and trackball.
    And 'productive apps' that crash or spin the hourglass for days
    Oh and don't even reboot your phone, that 5 minutes to boot..
    Karan Mohal, kbz1960 and elfabio80 like this.
    08-17-15 01:47 PM
    You're so right but why still the demand?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 03:55 PM
    Not another thread on this

There's a reason why they dropped the legacy phones. The OS is outdated and had serious limitations that cannot be overcome. For exemple... Remember that applications has to be installed in RAM?

Nowadays, personal and work applications are so large that such a limitation just make the phone useless.

My employers CRM application is over 100 MB. BBOS would never be able to handle that.

There's also a lot of instability with BBOS. The reason is that the OS has reach the limit of its capabilities. It was just impossible to update that OS anymore to handle today's needs.

If you want the BBOS experience, then the Classic is the closest thing you can get. Many of my colleagues got the Classic and they love how it is similar to BBOS (although there are still room for improvements).

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 04:08 PM
    No, unless they fix the dreaded hourglass memory leak problem.

 Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    08-17-15 04:10 PM
    I'd go back to my trusty 9900.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    08-17-15 04:21 PM
    As a customer you are free to use what you want. More power to you. But why would you want a company to not progress with their products? To you BlackBerry 10 may be a mediocre product for the masses, but the apps you're using are so outdated they are going to be mediocre in performance.
    I say this to all people who like their "business" style BBOS phones...You're clearly in a business role some where meaning you understand the need to adapt to things that change! Change otherwise you will end up being just like BlackBerry: playing catch up when your competition jumps ahead of you.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    08-17-15 08:01 PM
    Wow! I had no idea! But then I didn't have a 9780 either. My Legacy phones were the Curve 8330, Bold 9700 and Bold 9900 - no stuttering on any of them.

Posted via CB10
    Search these forums and I think the 9900 phones had this issue as well. Probably any BlackBerry that uses the metal domes under the keys (ie all PKB devices) can have this happen since it is caused by misalignment of the domes under the keys as I understand it. That is --- a manufacturing flaw.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-17-15 11:02 PM
    This thread is weird... why do people have an obsession over terrible phones?

Enjoy your 2" screen curve and trackball.
    And 'productive apps' that crash or spin the hourglass for days
    Oh and don't even reboot your phone, that 5 minutes to boot..
    Terrible phones? Spin hourglass for days? 5 minutes to boot? Come on, don't get too carried away with the FUD.

...but the apps you're using are so outdated they are going to be mediocre in performance.
    Some users of the legacy devices use them for basic functions, like making calls, texts and calendar. The devices function exceedingly well for that. How much performance do you need for dialing out and sending SMS, or basic FB/TW? There's quite a selection of apps on BBOS, and for those that aren't big on apps in the first place these devices work just fine.
    08-18-15 01:06 AM
    Terrible phones? Spin hourglass for days? 5 minutes to boot? Come on, don't get too carried away with the FUD.

Some users of the legacy devices use them for basic functions, like making calls, texts and calendar. The devices function exceedingly well for that. How much performance do you need for dialing out and sending SMS, or basic FB/TW? There's quite a selection of apps on BBOS, and for those that aren't big on apps in the first place these devices work just fine.
    But you do understand that those apps haven't been updated for a while and as time progresses, BBOS represent a huge security risk. Such a risk can be the final nail in BlackBerry's coffin. There's today zero support for BBOS from the developers

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 09:37 AM
    Lucky for all Legacy fans, you can buy a used or even new 9900 very easily. Not sure how long the carriers will continue to support the platform though.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:01 AM

Basic functions? Now I use my Z30 for that. All the apps currently available for BBOS 7 are far better than those available for BB10. For certain apps, there are no equivalents in BB10. I use facebook, facebook messenger, twitter, whatsapp, shazam, linkedin, dropbox, poynt, yahoo messenger, gtalk, bookmyshow, google maps, fancytrans, XE and a couple of dictionaries (Collins, OxMed). I keep myself updated by social feeds app, which is my favorite feature in blackberry. Which of these apps are available or works well in bb10? None. Curve 9320 is the best, no nonsense smartphone I ever had. The apps may be outdated or may not be updated in the future, but still they do function better than that in bb10. Security risk ? Sorry, I keep all my nuclear secrets somewhere else, not in my phone.

via  BlackBerry Z30 
    Last edited by harishc; 08-18-15 at 11:39 AM.
    08-18-15 10:12 AM
    Pretty sure that Chen would sell you a new BBOS device if he thought there was a market. They can not afford to actually improve the device or software though.
    08-18-15 11:20 AM
    One need not be a businessman to cherish the goodness of legacy BlackBerry devices. In fact, BlackBerry is thriving on the fame built by those devices. Also, progress is not ditching a a well established product and pursuing something of dubious quality. The faithful customers knew this and that's the reason legacy devices out sell new BlackBerrys.

via  BlackBerry Z30 
    08-18-15 11:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    *This was my first post in this particular forum* I stand by it, as it was my experience, I did not say I'd go back to any of 'em just that none of my Legacy phone keyboards stuttered.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 11:41 AM
    Pretty sure that Chen would sell you a new BBOS device if he thought there was a market. They can not afford to actually improve the device or software though.
    Same reason why Apple didn't hire Chen as their CEO :-D. They can't afford ditching iOS and embrace Android or force a new platform on customers and pull the plug of old devices.

via  BlackBerry Z30 
    08-18-15 11:56 AM
    One need not be a businessman to cherish the goodness of legacy BlackBerry devices. In fact, BlackBerry is thriving on the fame built by those devices. Also, progress is not ditching a a well established product and pursuing something of dubious quality. The faithful customers knew this and that's the reason legacy devices out sell new BlackBerrys.

via  BlackBerry Z30 
    Well established???

BBOS is done, finished... What don't you understand? All corporations, including mine with over 3000 BBOS users, left BBOS cause of limitations and instability of the OS.

The error BlackBerry made was spending too much resource on BBOS trying to improve and update something that has serious limitations and tried using BBOS to compete with iOS and Android.

BBOS is what brought BlackBerry to where it is today.

If they came out with BlackBerry 10 earlier to compete with iOS, and better managed the transition between BBOS to BlackBerry 10, the story might be different today.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 03:34 PM
    Basic functions? Now I use my Z30 for that. All the apps currently available for BBOS 7 are far better than those available for BB10. For certain apps, there are no equivalents in BB10. I use facebook, facebook messenger, twitter, whatsapp, shazam, linkedin, dropbox, poynt, yahoo messenger, gtalk, bookmyshow, google maps, fancytrans, XE and a couple of dictionaries (Collins, OxMed). I keep myself updated by social feeds app, which is my favorite feature in blackberry. Which of these apps are available or works well in bb10? None. Curve 9320 is the best, no nonsense smartphone I ever had. The apps may be outdated or may not be updated in the future, but still they do function better than that in bb10. Security risk ? Sorry, I keep all my nuclear secrets somewhere else, not in my phone.

via  BlackBerry Z30 

Im a bit confused. For every single app you listed, the BB10 version is better, in nearly every way, than the os7 version - either because its been updated and released on BB world, or because you can get a modern apk of the app...What is it about the os7 version of any of those apps that you prefer over the BB10/android version?

I also find it comical how many people shrug off security like its not even worth speaking about. Do you keep nuclear secrets in your Home? No? Why lock the doors!! Why password protect your phone or PC?? No nuclear secrets there! Hell whats all this fuss about bank card PIN numbers... bank cards don't have nuclear secrets in em?!!?! Basically unless your privacy concerns are at the international level, security should be all but scoffed at , and we should all be morons using Apple's Touch ID :P
    08-18-15 03:45 PM
60 123