03-08-12 08:32 PM
33 12
tools
    Only thing I can think of that BBH-Tools could remove that might cause a problem would be all the fonts. Some of the apps may be hard to re-install too, like BBMaps.
    The newest BBH tools V 2.4.9.5 disabled shringking of Latin font for OS 7/7.1
    01-28-12 07:51 AM
    Maybe you haven't shrunk all the files.... I pretty much shrunk everything... I still hold to my theory..
    Theories! BB OS the smaller the better
    02-03-12 07:53 PM
    I believe my total file count for OS5 installs was 335, and for OS6 its in the 350 range. There is a lot of crap that isn't needed, and I've tested both complete OS installs and shrinking. No matter what, OS6 doesn't manage memory very well. LOL. I also edit ALX files heavily and the ten ALX files in my install folder are around 30kb in total.

I've theorized (but haven't proven) that either specification.pkg or the pkgdb file have some impact on OS performance too.
    02-12-12 05:32 PM
    Guys does shrinking increase the rebooting speed of a blackberry or it is only good for getting extra space in your mobile? If shrinking does help with speeding up mobile then please can you direct me to a post where I can learn more about what should I shrink and what I should not? Thanks
    How much faster should it be? Mine reboots fully in under 50 seconds..."unshrunk".
    02-12-12 06:23 PM
    How much faster should it be? Mine reboots fully in under 50 seconds..."unshrunk".

Can you post a video of that?

Sounds awesome!

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-12-12 09:20 PM
    The only font that would cause a problem if shrunk out is Latin TrueType, but BBHybrids Tool won't let you shrink that out, so it's not a problem.

If you shrink something out you later want to reinstall, just uncheck it and hit Put It Back, so that's not a problem either.
    Times is also needed for Docs to Go Powerpoint presentations
    02-13-12 05:47 AM
    Subscribed.

I've always been a shrinker, but wondering if its truly necessary on my 9930. Still been doing it every install since I got it at release
    03-08-12 02:37 PM
    I shrink all my OS loads including the official ones and I have NO issues with the battery life. Just because of this thread I tested OP's theory with my friend's Bold 9900 and mine. Almost identical out come with about the same amount of work(web browsing, BBM, SMS, etc).
    lyricidal likes this.
    03-08-12 08:32 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD