Ok, I have been reading the forums for the past hour and have downloaded the leaked version. However, I just wanted to get a final gauge, do you say it leak is fine and installl or wait until the official version is released.
    01-17-10 01:23 AM
    Ok, I have been reading the forums for the past hour and have downloaded the leaked version. However, I just wanted to get a final gauge, do you say it leak is fine and installl or wait until the official version is released.
    I assume you are talking about 5.0.0.419? If so I say YES upgrade, it's working great for me and a lot of others. We don't know for sure how long it is gonna be before an official release, possibly not until just before the Tour2 launches this spring.
    01-17-10 03:09 AM
    WELL... I am literally in the process of doing the leaked .419 upgrade to my Tour. So, I guess go for it!!
    01-17-10 04:25 AM
    Chefnilla and VZWRocka, I was going to wait for a few more pieces of input, but you two have convinced me. What am I waiting for.
    01-17-10 04:27 AM
    Wait it out, thats my vote. But, good luck anyway.
    01-17-10 08:06 AM
    It is done. So far so good. I will give it a serious test drive during the football games.
    01-17-10 08:38 AM
    In case anyone wants my little bit of input, I have been running the OS all day and have installing apps, deleting apps, sending pictures, etc, etc etc.

The battery last longer, the browser is faster (I am using Opera Mini Beta 5), and it has been stable sense.

Things are so much better on my phone I am actually using the Facebook app.
    01-17-10 08:32 PM
    It was so worth updating
    01-18-10 10:42 AM
    If you read around and know the procedures to do so, up or downgrading is usually no problem. If your on BES and have to call in to reactivate I could understand, but otherwise why not? If the new OS is not for you then downgrade. Do the 3rd party backup procedure so you don't lose anything (you should do this anyway in case your device gets lost/stolen/destroyed). Some GSM guys get twitchy if they run the same OS for over a week
    One thing I love about blackberries is you really can't mess it up where you can't fix it yourself. Just read the help forums first. Go through the CB101 lectures. There is SO much information there. All of the blackberry whiz kids have left their knowledge just laying around for everyone to pick up. There is no reason why anyone cannot be an "expert" on blackberries!
    My first OS upgrade was terrifying. The final boot seemed to take forever. I almost lost it when the radio said SOS, then I remembered to check my connections and found that for whatever reason the upgrade turned my radio off, so I turned it back on. Not long after that I had my first brick, and learned how to wipe and reinstall. Pretty much smooth sailing since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD