Alright windows 7 and now i received my new blackberry to replace my faulty unit i want to update it and put my info back onto it but it keep popping with the MTP USB Device install window and everytime it just failed....

So anybody here got an idea of what could have been the problem i tried to search trough the forum but nothing revelant came up. i tried the usb fix for the storm doesn't fix it.....
    08-10-09 03:04 PM
    I'm using Windows 7 and DM 5.0 with no problems. I don't quite understand what error messages/problems you're getting.
    08-10-09 04:34 PM
    Same. DM 5 and Win 7 64 bit here. No probs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 05:08 PM
    Im also using Windows 7 and DM 5.0 without any problems. I little more detail on the error you are getting will help.
    08-10-09 05:08 PM
    whenever i connect my device it tries to install some sort of MTP USB Device Drivers.... so i can't quite understand....
    08-10-09 11:08 PM
    If your DM is not recognizing your Blackberry, right click on My Computer, select manage. Go to device manager, uninstall "Blackberry device". Unplug and replug in and it should recognize.

08-10-09 11:18 PM
    I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate on a MAC and I don't have any problems, which version are you using?
    08-11-09 12:51 AM
    I'm sorry I wasn't very specific when I posted from my Berry. Every so often I run into this problem with my Win 7 64-bit build 7600 (if that matters). It's because the device driver for "Blackberry Device" has encountered an error. My solution was to just uninstall the driver and reinstall it again. So give that a try:

Get into Device Manager, uninstall "Blackberry Device" or "Blackberry 9630". Plug in again and it should reinstall the drivers and DM should recognize it and you'll be able to restore your old info.
    08-11-09 01:17 AM
    If your DM is not recognizing your Blackberry, right click on My Computer, select manage. Go to device manager, uninstall "Blackberry device". Unplug and replug in and it should recognize.

I'm setting up my first BB (Tour 9630) on Windows 7 RC x64. Installed DM 5.0, did the updates. I'm getting errors installing the USB drivers.

I tried the alt-shift-del to reboot. Several times. Nothing happened, so did a battery pop reboot. No improvement.

When I go into Windows Device Manager, no BB devices are present at all.

Whoopee! Now what?

/kenw
    08-20-09 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD