Hey for some reason, my custom sound profile just keep disappearing after a battery pull. It has only just started happening within the last few days (last night to be exact). Not sure what it is but the only think I've removed/installed recently is the fixmo beta. And its no longer on my phone. Not sure what else could be causing the problem and has been fine for quite a while now.

Any ideas anyone? I did a search and no one ever found a solution. It's pretty annoying to recreate my sleep profile every time I do a battery pull.
    01-16-10 06:28 AM
    I would blame it on the firmware itself (since you are running a hybrid, unexpected things might happen). Meanwhile can you not customize any of the available sound profiles and use that?
    01-16-10 06:34 AM
    Well the reason I don't think its the FW is, I've been running this firmware since 12/31 and it has only just started acting up. And there have been numerous battery pulls since then (i install and uninstall a lot of apps) and my profiles only started to disappear last night.

I could try messing with another profile but it will probably reset itself after a reset. I'm going to try reloading my OS next week since I don't have my cable with me at the moment.
    01-16-10 06:42 AM
    Reload firmware and we shall see
    01-16-10 07:33 AM
    Hey for some reason, my custom sound profile just keep disappearing after a battery pull. It has only just started happening within the last few days (last night to be exact). Not sure what it is but the only think I've removed/installed recently is the fixmo beta. And its no longer on my phone. Not sure what else could be causing the problem and has been fine for quite a while now.

Any ideas anyone? I did a search and no one ever found a solution. It's pretty annoying to recreate my sleep profile every time I do a battery pull.
    I would make some fresh backups, wipe, and reload. When you restore your backup through desktop manager select advance and add back only the things you know you need to have put back on the phone (addressbook etc) Sound profiles definitely not being one of them.

But for whatever its worth, I'd wait till sunday night if possible. Might see an update.
    01-16-10 10:38 AM
    Two apps have done this. Ringer Scheduler and Fixmotools. They both delete your profiles if you remove their apps. It has happened to me several times.
    01-16-10 02:21 PM
    I would make some fresh backups, wipe, and reload. When you restore your backup through desktop manager select advance and add back only the things you know you need to have put back on the phone (addressbook etc) Sound profiles definitely not being one of them.

But for whatever its worth, I'd wait till sunday night if possible. Might see an update.
    I'm liking that!
    01-16-10 03:16 PM
    I uninstalled the CB2 theme and that fixed my problem. Guess my phone just didn't like the theme.
    01-16-10 06:09 PM
    Reading between the lines pay off. I will be waiting until Sunday.
    01-16-10 07:24 PM

BAM!!! Like a sucker punch, I wasn't expecting it! But without the sore face afterwards! Dang it, I hate waiting though. Now I'll be refreshing this page like every five minutes all day tomorrow.
    01-16-10 09:54 PM
    That will make 2 of us and I'm sure many more are eagerly waiting.
    01-17-10 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD