I'll be traveling out of the United States, and I want to disable receiving SMS messages in order to avoid the high text messaging fees in Japan. How can I stop my BB from receiving regular text messages while keeping connected to the network?
    Last edited by Underway99; 01-09-10 at 02:08 PM. Reason: forgot to check spelling...
    01-09-10 02:07 PM
    Options / Security Options / Firewall / Block Incoming Messages gives you the ability to block SMS. I have not tried it. I don't know that blocking messages guarantees you won't be billed for them when you remove the block.
    01-09-10 03:34 PM
    Options / Security Options / Firewall / Block Incoming Messages gives you the ability to block SMS. I have not tried it. I don't know that blocking messages guarantees you won't be billed for them when you remove the block.
    Thank you. It had not occurred to me to look at the firewall. I 'll also have to check with VZW to see if I can block SMS when I'm on a global data plan for those two weeks. I know that it's possible on a domestic plan, but I don't know if they'll do that on the global plan. I don't get a lot of SMS messages, but, at $.99 for incoming and $1.99 for outgoing text messages when using a Japanese network, it adds up fast.

Thanks again
    01-09-10 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD