These emergency alert messages are proving to be more of a nuisance to me than a help so I was wondering if there's any way to completely disable them or uninstall the application. I particularly don't like that you can't disable the "Presidential alerts." It's the principle of the thing. Don't worry, I live in a big city where, quite frankly, it takes extra effort to AVOID the news because everyone around you is connected in some way. So, any ideas on how to completely shut these things off? Thanks in advance!
    09-27-13 08:14 PM
    I don't get anything like that on my phone. Are you sure you didn't download an app that is sending you the alerts?
    09-27-13 08:25 PM
    I'm thinking an app like a news feed.
    09-27-13 08:26 PM
    I don't get anything like that on my phone. Are you sure you didn't download an app that is sending you the alerts?
    That's what I thought at first, but apparently it's been built-in to OS 7.1 for a couple of years now.
    09-27-13 08:52 PM
    That's interesting as it's not in the OS I'm using (7.1.0861). If you can figure out which CODs they are you could remove them using a program like BBSAK.
    09-27-13 09:06 PM
    OK, I have found something that might help. I'm guessing you have a mail icon that says Emergency Alert Messages. From there click on the BB button go to options. You should have the ability to select what comes through from there.
    09-27-13 09:12 PM
    OK, I have found something that might help. I'm guessing you have a mail icon that says Emergency Alert Messages. From there click on the BB button go to options. You should have the ability to select what comes through from there.
    Thanks. I suppose that will have to be my solution. You can opt out of everything except the "Presidential alerts." I doubt we'll be receiving one of those anytime soon, but it just annoys me that we don't have a choice to disable them (by law, apparently).
    09-27-13 09:45 PM