Hi I wanna know if I can disable BBM but the other features stays on? (push emails, whatsapp, browser, appworld, etc)
    Someone suggested to buy another phone other than BB, but I have to stick with this phone for awhile... I just want the BBM off...but I need the other features...
    Say, will this work if I no longer use BIS but other internet plan?

Thanx
    07-24-12 02:29 AM
    You could always delete the BBM app. That should work but if you want it back I would make sure you back up your BBM contacts list before.
    07-24-12 02:33 AM
    just delete bbm will do
    07-24-12 05:14 AM
    ah right!! never thought of that before...silly me...
    thx thx
    07-26-12 12:00 AM
    Also "(push emails, whatsapp, browser, appworld, etc)" will not work without an active BlackBerry Data Plan. An "other internet plan" will not work.
    07-26-12 06:14 AM
    Ok, I thought I can delete bbm just like I delete other app..I'm about to delete the app now, but I didn't find any option to delete..
    I go to appworld but it just said installed, no delete button.
    I go to option - app management, still no option to delete..its marked as required app..
    Can anyone guide me to delete it? I'm using 9790/7.1.0.523, n the bbm ver is 6.2.0.50
    Thx
    07-27-12 10:09 PM
    If u just go to rroyy.com and then scroll down to the applications section. From there just find the BBM app for 7.1 and load that version onto your device(it will be a lower version of what you have already but still load it). Once its loaded do ur reboot and from there u will be able to go into your app manager and then into the BBM part and it will then show a delete tab for you. This will remove the BBM from your device.
    Last edited by jordan559; 07-28-12 at 01:39 AM.
    07-28-12 01:33 AM
    Thanx.. Yay.. Finally Done!!!
    07-28-12 07:32 AM
    Search for tcp/ip
    Then change the apn to the apn of ur providr
    It will enable u to use normal Internet pack on bb
    04-14-13 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD