Could someone summarise the differences between OS6 and OS7 for me? What did you find annoying, what did you find improved?

(I did try to search, I promise � if there's an existing thread please link me to it gently and don't name-call.)
    09-20-11 04:21 PM
    More polished, more refined, better memory management (from what I can tell), Add To Existing Contact is now a native option when highlighting a phone#, otherwise, mostly the same. The biggest difference is the hardware. OS7-capable devices kick booty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 05:37 PM
    Best thing in OS7 for me is the ability to play music and still get alerts at the same time without it cutting off the music or getting that error about can't play video while alert is active. Now I can listen to Pandora, watch a Youtube video and hear email and bbm notifications all at the same time

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CurveDock likes this.
    09-21-11 12:18 AM
    Word Substitution backup works now.

09-21-11 07:05 AM
    U cant run two GPS programs at the same time using OS 7. OS 6 ran two GPS programs with no problems.
    09-24-11 03:55 PM
    Advanced gmail plugin features are integrated into the main messages folder.
    09-24-11 05:14 PM
    Many apps that were available for OS6 are NOT available for OS7. These include the Starbucks Card App, Our Groceries, Blackberry Wallet, Moviefone and many more. I hope the developers are going to port some of these apps over to OS7 in the near future. I guess because of the touch screen capability and other differences between OS6 and OS7, backward compatibility is not assured.
    10-01-11 03:25 PM
    ^^^ our groceries app runs fine on my OS7 device. I just wish they offered a pay option to get rid of the ads ^^^

10-02-11 09:53 PM
    OS 7 is a lot faster mainly due to the hardware that is put in the handsets that come running os7. Although currently there are a few of us os7 users facing glitches with the new OS that can be easily fixed with updates, other than that OS7 rocks

10-03-11 06:25 PM
    mybe i should stay with 9800 until more apps for OS7 in 9810
    03-08-12 10:26 PM
    Upgrade!!! The torch is too underpowered. Get the 9810
    03-10-12 11:15 AM
    is it really faster??
    i think os6 in 9780 is already very smooth..... not much differenece btw 6 and 7 seems??
    also os6 seems more user friendly
    11-04-12 04:03 AM
    No more truncated emails!

Liquid Graphics™ on every device for smoother performance!

Selectable panels so you can turn off what you don't want on the home screen!

Optional mobile hotspot!
    11-05-12 07:23 PM
    ARM is one feature I wish OS6 had.
    11-07-12 04:29 PM
    No more truncated emails!

Liquid Graphics™ on every device for smoother performance!

Selectable panels so you can turn off what you don't want on the home screen!

Optional mobile hotspot!
    I can add, NFC (on certain models), Personalized LED Notification, Battery saving mode.
    11-14-12 11:40 AM
    OS 6 is an incomplete version of OS 7. OS 7 brings all the features without limits. Such as bringing in touchscreen features. And it just has the best of what a BlackBerry should have! OS 7 is the Best BlackBerry OS!!
    shemaree09 likes this.
    11-15-12 12:04 AM
    I'll admit it.............I'm an ***** when it comes to this phone. I have a Bold 9700, and my only problem with the phone is the browser saying..........."page too large.......shutting browser down". Someone downloaded Opera mini for me, and if it haden't been for that, I'd have throwen it against an oak tree in the yard by now. I'm probably using about one eighth of what the phone is capable of, but it's fine for me because I'm old. I read instructions that always say......"go to home page, hit options", and I've never been able to locate the "HOME" page they are talking about. Anyway, this phone is fine for me, and if I could fix the browser problem, I'd spend the $ on a new battery for it when the time came. I picked you, (sorry, but you look like a nice, patient, fellow), could you give me detailed instructions on how to upgrade to the 7.0 browser? I googled the phone, and it said somewhere I looked that you could do this. BTW......I have no games or anything else in phone except for quick pull, which simulates a battery removal, and frees up memory??? I got this in desperation, figuring maybe it would make the browser work better..............no luck. Thank you...........daktsk
    07-09-13 09:55 AM
    I'm still on BlackBerry 6 and am mostly happy with it. The OS7 feature I wish it had is the ability to lock the various home screen trays.
    07-09-13 10:09 AM
    Open browser_ go to options- go to web content- untick -enable java script check box..... U ll not face this in future....(QUOTE=daktsk;8790556]I'll admit it.............I'm an ***** when it comes to this phone. I have a Bold 9700, and my only problem with the phone is the browser saying..........."page too large.......shutting browser down". Someone downloaded Opera mini for me, and if it haden't been for that, I'd have throwen it against an oak tree in the yard by now. I'm probably using about one eighth of what the phone is capable of, but it's fine for me because I'm old. I read instructions that always say......"go to home page, hit options", and I've never been able to locate the "HOME" page they are talking about. Anyway, this phone is fine for me, and if I could fix the browser problem, I'd spend the $ on a new battery for it when the time came. I picked you, (sorry, but you look like a nice, patient, fellow), could you give me detailed instructions on how to upgrade to the 7.0 browser? I googled the phone, and it said somewhere I looked that you could do this. BTW......I have no games or anything else in phone except for quick pull, which simulates a battery removal, and frees up memory??? I got this in desperation, figuring maybe it would make the browser work better..............no luck. Thank you...........daktsk[/QUOTE]
    10-10-13 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD