After reading some reports from users here, have you noticed any improvements with the trackball issues?
    09-19-09 10:01 AM
    I highly doubt it RIM admitted it was a hardware/qc issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 10:05 AM
    I highly doubt it RIM admitted it was a hardware/qc issue

link?

09-19-09 10:13 AM
    The trackball issues are mechanical. If you have a problem, you need to exchange your Tour - or bravely replace the trackball yourself. Firmware alone will not remedy it.

After reading some reports from users here, have you noticed any improvements with the trackball issues?
    09-19-09 10:15 AM
    It is over at blackberryos.com. And buried somewhere here too.

09-19-09 10:16 AM
    Here is a thought. How about linking it in a sticky????

09-19-09 10:21 AM
    Didn't change it at all, however, cleaning the trackball with the paper trick every few days or once a week makes a huge difference or it has for me.

Dirty hands mean a dirty trackball and you don't EVEN want to know where I've had to stick my hands in the course of a day's work lol.
    09-19-09 10:22 AM
    Here is a thought. How about linking it in a sticky????

Here's a better thought why don't you stop being lazy and do a little homework! (search) or at least learn a little about your device.

09-19-09 10:41 AM
    Calling out all those peeps who claimed software would fix it. I would like to very maturely and calmly take the high road and say. TOLD YA SO!!!!!!!!! My work is done here. Ill be handing over my badge and pistol. Its been a good run see ya'll lata.

09-19-09 10:46 AM
    Some have posted a better working trackball after upgrade. True or not, i dont know, i havent upgraded yet, so remains to be seen . Until then ..... i will wait and see for myself !
    09-19-09 11:04 AM
    Before the update my trackball worked fine. However after updating I noticed that I've gotten a good amount of lag when using it and at one point the trackball wouldn't respond at all until I first clicked down on it.

09-19-09 11:09 AM
    the trackball issues are hardware problems, not software... if you are still having issues with ur trackball, you need to get a new Tour
    09-19-09 11:17 AM
    ya agreed irs not software its hardware so i would get a new tour if i was you
    09-19-09 11:44 AM
    95% mechanical would be my guess. Yes, some programs can cause lag, but otherwise, it was mechanical. Just go by the feel of good vs bad. Sand paper vs smooth.
    09-19-09 12:01 PM
    I also have noticed that the trackball was better before the update, but then I did a battery pull and it seems better now. If its bad, I hope it craps out quick AKA before my 30 days!
    09-19-09 12:44 PM
    Actually I notice my trackball shoots up to the top of the page or causes my screen to do weird pixelation. Def a lil flaky lol so maybe RIM was trying to make it more sensitive for faulty balls?

09-19-09 01:09 PM
    Actually I notice my trackball shoots up to the top of the page or causes my screen to do weird pixelation. Def a lil flaky lol so maybe RIM was trying to make it more sensitive for faulty balls?

exactly saintjah. 58 will address the software end of the trackball issue a little better than .53.

09-19-09 01:21 PM
    exactly saintjah. 58 will address the software end of the trackball issue a little better than .53.

58 ?
    Were did you get that number for next build
    09-19-09 08:19 PM
    Trackball works no differently. Mine doesn't give the grief some report, but it isn't as smooth as my 8330. It's about the only thing that isn't better than the 8330.

What the update DID fix was photo geotagging. Works now. It used to work sometimes, occasionally, when it felt like it. Now it works.
    09-19-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD