Hi, Guys.

I have recently updated my 9700 to OS6 and everything is working really well.

I'm trying to remove two email accounts from the BlackBerry and if I check the available email accounts, I appear to have been successful.

However, the icons for each email account are still on my home page.

Beyond hiding them, can anybody please advise on how these accounts can be removed under OS6?

Many thanks in advance,

Nick
    11-02-10 04:12 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/be...d-read-523776/

First of all, this should be in the discussion thread.

Second, do a battery pull to remove them, as that does the job for me. If not, hide them. Menu > Hide. Done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 04:20 PM
    Apologies for posting in the wrong thread. I wasn't sure if it was purely an OS6 issue or whether or not OS6 being installed was relevant or not.

I can hide the Email account icons no problem but the Calendars are still showing up for the respective Email accounts. I just want to get the handset back as close to factory default as I can.

Strangely, the factory settings wipe and the Wipe from the BBSAK have failed to remove them.
    11-05-10 10:24 AM
    Setup > Email Accounts > Menu > Delete > Sorted
    11-05-10 10:30 AM
    Many thanks for your speedy help!

Unfortunately, your method is what I followed to get rid of the email accounts in the first place. The email service itself has been removed but the message icons for each address and the associated calendar remains, though the email is not being picked up by either account on the handset.
    Last edited by Trek_Fan; 11-05-10 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Poor grammar.
    11-05-10 10:36 AM
    Try this:

1. Open Options on the BlackBerry.

2. Go to Advanced Options.

3. Open up Service Book.

4. Look for the <email address>, and press the menu key and select delete. If there is 2 of them, delete both.
    08-31-11 10:51 AM
    ji, i have a blackberry bold 9700, i cant change the email account on my phone. the "email accounts" icon cant be open. is there any other option how to change my email account?
    i need help..
    06-11-13 03:48 AM
    ji, i have a blackberry bold 9700, i cant change the email account on my phone. the "email accounts" icon cant be open. is there any other option how to change my email account?i need help..
    Wipe, reload clean and then restore only what you need, then setup e-mail accounts. Do not restore BIS data when using a custom restore, same for anything else except addressbook, calendar (if you use it), memopads, bbm, browser bookmarks, icon arrangement, theme settings.. This wy, it's clean.
    06-11-13 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD