Lol, there's an easier way than that. Just update bbm from appworld or blackberry.com/bbm, then you can delete it from options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's assuming one uses app world. I think app world is a piece of sh!t and won't install it. Editing an alx file takes 2 seconds.
    07-14-11 05:21 PM
    That's assuming one uses app world. I think app world is a piece of sh!t and won't install it. Editing an alx file takes 2 seconds.
    You can actually have the download link emailed to you from the BB website without using app world. That is how I do it at least. I always delete BBM. I think it is a very cool messaging app but I don't know enough folks with BlackBerries. My GF uses Android as do most of my other friends and family with a few iphones mixed in.
    07-14-11 05:39 PM
    What can I do to make BBM more fun or entertaining for me? I don't quite understand what people get out of exchanging pin #'s and having awkward discussions with random strangers, being PING'd by someone 3,000 miles away who wants to talk about what they did today... or do I need to think outside of the box? I love my device, but don't want to spend all day on it talking to people whom I've never met.
    Fun? BBM has always been a communication tool for me. It is a lot more efficient than SMS, and I don't know about everyone else here, but where I'm from each SMS costs money to send. BBM and whatsapp is virtually free with a data plan. So the antiquated SMS is slowly becoming extinct here.
    07-14-11 10:59 PM
    I use bbm to talk to family and friends around the world for free. No international txt costs when I bbm my friends in Scotland or my friends serving in Iraq.

07-14-11 11:03 PM
    Nope not the only one, BBM + voice dialing disappeared from every BB I've ever owned. ;-)

07-14-11 11:28 PM
    You can actually have the download link emailed to you from the BB website without using app world. That is how I do it at least. I always delete BBM. I think it is a very cool messaging app but I don't know enough folks with BlackBerries. My GF uses Android as do most of my other friends and family with a few iphones mixed in.
    I download BBM from the beta zone. If I don't use a Beta I use whatever is bundled with the OS.

I suppose BBSAK is another way to remove BBM, but I just use the alx method above. I use it to keep the ridiculous Help app from installing too.
    07-15-11 09:20 AM
    I deleted BBM because most of my friends and family have Iphones, non-smartphones, and Androids. I think I'm the only one that has Blackberry. However, 3 of my close friends have BB, but they are not as tech savy as I am and aren't up to date with updating new OS's. I think they are still on stock .141. Sad. Very Sad.
    I am in the same camp. Most of my friends had a BB device and grew tried of RIM's shallow promises of the "best is yet to come" and upgraded to iPhone or Android.

So now I use WhatsApp to connect with family and friends.
    07-15-11 12:18 PM
    I deleted BBM from my BB long before I went to Android.

I didn't have many friends at all who used BBM. Most have dumphones or Androids. I also made the mistake of putting my PIN on CB. So I kept getting add requests from lots of married nasty men who sex-BBM from the office all day with women. Uhm, ew?

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    Last edited by Artemis68; 07-15-11 at 12:25 PM.
    07-15-11 12:22 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD