Hello,

My telephone got stolen, I made a backup every week so I have a dump of my WhatsApp (all logs), but it's encrypted. I know I had it enabled at my phone, but is it possible to decrypt or restore the chat logs ? I know the encryption is AES 256 bit, and have to be decrypted with a password or by device (but my device is stolen). How could I decrypt the messageStore.db file ? It starts with the REMF header.

Thanks.
    05-08-13 09:12 AM
    Restore them onto another BlackBerry after enabling the PW. If you had selected security other than the standard PW that you key in, like device key generated then no, it wont be able to unencrypt them. Good luck.
    05-08-13 04:00 PM
    Restore them onto another BlackBerry after enabling the PW. If you had selected security other than the standard PW that you key in, like device key generated then no, it wont be able to unencrypt them. Good luck.
    Hello, how do you mean restore on a other blackberry? i mean.. i can transfer the db logs to another blackberry and then...i'm still not able to open them?

Is there any way to just read any whatsapp history? i've tryed pycryto and microsoft excel and everything... it's just there is some important information on it... :L

And im not so good in decrypting things... so... i heard on blackberry its almost impossible ^^
    06-10-13 09:08 AM