Hello,

I am a newby with Blackberries, so I didn't have an idea that not all data plans allow you to use the internal browser en PIN.
    So I bought BB Curve 9220 with os 7.1 and got a prepaid account with datas, and found out this doesn't include the use of PIN nor the internal browser, email sevice all the blackberry own things. But no cry I could setup a APN connection in the TCP IP section.
    Now whatsapp and Opera browser are working, but any other 3th party apps I install don't find this connection and stay offline.
    Why whatsapp and Opera find setting to use datas and other apps mostly don't ?

The only thing I really miss is a facebook chat, haven't found one working for me yet.
    09-18-13 12:59 PM
    Hello,

I am a newby with Blackberries, so I didn't have an idea that not all data plans allow you to use the internal browser en PIN.
    So I bought BB Curve 9220 with os 7.1 and got a prepaid account with datas, and found out this doesn't include the use of PIN nor the internal browser, email sevice all the blackberry own things. But no cry I could setup a APN connection in the TCP IP section.
    Now whatsapp and Opera browser are working, but any other 3th party apps I install don't find this connection and stay offline.
    Why whatsapp and Opera find setting to use datas and other apps mostly don't ?

The only thing I really miss is a facebook chat, haven't found one working for me yet.
    I don't think it's possible... as far as I know you need BIS for that...

From the Z...
    09-18-13 01:06 PM
    Why are Whatsapp and Opera different then, why can they acces data...?
    09-18-13 01:12 PM
    I have no idea... maybe they are not supported in BIS and work without it anyway...

Do you have a contract or is your SIM off contract? If it is off contract, you have to apply for a monthly subscription... you put in money on your SIM (don't know how to say this in English) and then send an SMS to a certain number and you'll have BIS access for a month.. a friend of mine does this every month...

From the Z...
    09-18-13 01:50 PM
    Its prepaid. I don't miss any of the BIS services really. But its just strange that I have data and just 2 applications recognize it, and the rest not.

I hope someone knows to configure it so that 3th party application will find the data connection I have..
    09-18-13 05:34 PM
    there is a browser hack that will allow you to use the browser on a regular data plan. just search blackberry browser hack.
    09-18-13 10:08 PM
    thanks man I think this goes in the right direction!
    09-18-13 11:13 PM