Do you need to have a data plan to use BBM? I have a Blackberry for personal use, and a co-worker also has one for personal use, but does not have a data plan. When I tried to add her as a Contact, it just sits in messenger as a pending contact. I thought maybe because I upgraded to the leaked BBM, it wasn't letting me add her, but another co-worker tried to add her, and it did the same thing. Can someone please confirm for me if you need a Data Plan to use BBM?
    09-01-09 03:55 PM
    yes bbm goes through the data network
    09-01-09 04:01 PM
    Yes, as jnepsa said, it does use a data plan, but where is your blackberry without a data plan? Seriously...
    09-01-09 08:39 PM
    yerp, need the Blackberry data plan in order to use the internet, push email and BBM.
    09-02-09 02:25 AM
    Thanks all!
    09-05-09 11:02 AM
    Wrong , i dont have a data plan and still use BBM , i have the Student 35 plan from Telus. All Social messengers unlimited ( including BBM ) , no browser tho
    09-06-09 12:05 PM
    Wrong , i dont have a data plan and still use BBM , i have the Student 35 plan from Telus. All Social messengers unlimited ( including BBM ) , no browser tho
    It's still a data plan man, albeit limited. Bbm won't work without BIS, so you have a limited data plan which is the same with what I have. I cn do everything but I pay for every single kb I use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 12:14 PM
    that and you are on telus the op is not so before you com in being rude telling people the are wrong you should check the situation
    09-06-09 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD