I used a curve for years until early Jan. When it stopped receiving emails a couple of days after 4th Jan, I switched to a Priv, couldn't stand it so I then switched to a Classic that I set up a few years ago but didn't like so went back to the curve. The Classic now seems fantastic, compared to the Priv. It's all relative. I'm delighted. It's working perfectly for email, texting, calls and internet but pretty much every day I'm getting a message in BB Hub: "One or more applications/services require you to confirm your Blackberry ID email address".

It's a small price to pay to have a daily message to ignore, no problem, but I'm concerned that it might augur my Classic getting shut down after a while. Is anyone else getting this? Has anyone lost service after a while of getting this message? I am HOPING that, because, I would have thought, there is at this point no communication between my device and blackberry, there's no way the classic can be shut down by them but might there be some sort of local mechanism on the device itself?

Because I thought I could tolerate an android device, I didn't do what was suggested on here and set up the Classic without a BB ID. Have I shot myself in the foot?

I will be happy if I get even just a few weeks more on the Classic before having to bite the bullet but I want to prepare myself emotionally!
    01-27-22 04:34 AM
    BB10 is an EOL OS... the Classic is a eight year old phone with nine year old parts.

But the worst is over, and what is working now should keep working till your carrier ends 3G in the next couple of years...
    01-27-22 07:08 AM
    This is BBOS subforum, you might get some more help if you post in BB10 OS or BB Classic subforum.

Btw, have you tried LogicMail app on your Curve? The instructions how to use it with Outlook.com and Gmail can be found here:

http://darkstar.x10host.com/nibble/

I will try to post some more instructions on the weekend how to set it up with other email providers (I got it working with primus.ca).

----------
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using CB Forums app
    Last edited by Lex24; 01-29-22 at 12:47 AM.
    01-27-22 01:13 PM