I'm having an odd problem with a custom sound profile--I have now lost it twice. The first time was after an OS downgrade, so I just chalked it up as a by-effect. But today, when I checked my phone after the nightly reboot, I noticed it was gone again. Anyone have any ideas what's going on?
    Last edited by raino; 01-16-12 at 11:59 PM.
    01-16-12 09:33 PM
    I have never had this happen on any BlackBerry os. Hopefully someone knows. Do update us should you happen to solve the problem on your own.
    01-22-12 05:53 PM
    Thanks. Luckily, this hasn't happened since in subsequent reboots. I'm still looking into how I can back up sound profiles.
    01-22-12 08:30 PM
    Happened again . Not cool.
    04-17-12 02:01 PM
    ... I'm still looking into how I can back up sound profiles.
    Sorry to hear this happened again. I still don't have an answer to this problem. Sound profiles are included in the Desktop Software backups you make. And just to be clear, when you say you're losing a custom sound profile, you mean one you created (like the "Loud" profile that comes on the phone) and not the custom sounds for a prticular contact, right?
    04-17-12 03:29 PM
    Yes it's a full custom profile like normal, loud, etc. Guess I'll just have to go back and restore from a recent backup. Too much work to re-create it, plus I don't remember the exact setting anyways.
    04-17-12 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD