Picked up an �as new� Curve 9360 a few months back which I�ve been using for calls, texts, emails, calendar, music & Bridge with PlayBook. Love the way it sits in the hand & the BB7 functionality - perfect for these limited tasks.

But in the past few days, a problem has developed with BIS. First sign was that I could only send & receive emails using Wifi (not 3G). I phoned support at Virgin Mobile & spoke (at length) on several occasions to some nice people in the Phillipines & Wales.

Eventually, the advice was to take the phone back to factory default & start again (after backing up).
    I now have no emails at all & there is no sign of BIS in any of the phone�s settings. Virgin swear that all is fine at their end, & that it must be a fault with the phone. Is it possible that no access to BIS could be a software (or hardware) fault with the handset, rather than with the Virgin settings or server? Everything else works fine, including browsing.

Many thanks in advance.
    04-05-16 06:16 AM
    Had a Tour once that totally lost BIS and no amount of remedial efforts could get it back. Ended up upgrading to a Style.
    04-05-16 10:42 AM