just upgraded been using it 4 about mabey 30 min works pretty sweet so far
    01-03-10 07:35 PM
    After much fiddling about, installing & uninstalling stock themes, and .cod files & the themes I have loaded on my 8330, I got it figured out! Who said BBSAK isn't fun

A great hybrid and after 1 1/2 weeks the only issue I have run into is a random reboot when I receive a SMS, but it's been purely random, no rhyme or reason...

Who will carry on Weedman's work? Lord knows we can't count on RIM....
    01-03-10 08:04 PM
    Hey guys, I currently have no internet with my comp and have downloaded BBSAK through my bb browser, after a week or so of trying to download the package for this hybrid using the native browser, opera mini 4.2 and 5 and even bolt I'm having no luck doing so with the provided link. Does anyone know of any mirrors I could get it from?

Also I'm with virgin mobile in canada and since I have no internet on my comp and won't have any on my bb after a fresh os install is there anyway to back up my service books to my comp? Since I won't be able to use the blackberry site in any way shape or form to resend them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 10:59 PM
    Hey guys, I currently have no internet with my comp and have downloaded BBSAK through my bb browser, after a week or so of trying to download the package for this hybrid using the native browser, opera mini 4.2 and 5 and even bolt I'm having no luck doing so with the provided link. Does anyone know of any mirrors I could get it from?

Also I'm with virgin mobile in canada and since I have no internet on my comp and won't have any on my bb after a fresh os install is there anyway to back up my service books to my comp? Since I won't be able to use the blackberry site in any way shape or form to resend them.

Last resort, grab a USB and download it at your friend's house and bring it home and do the hybrid. =P HAHA.
    01-04-10 12:25 AM
    Last resort, grab a USB and download it at your friend's house and bring it home and do the hybrid. =P HAHA.
    I has no friends
    Kidding, I just moved out to the country, so that's not really an option right now

Anyone else know of a mirror that will work? Or my potential service book problem?

01-04-10 12:44 AM
    So if I'm correct, I think there's a little bug in the radio that lets people talk for about 50 minutes. After that point, it resets. Is it possible to use, maybe a 4.5 radio?
    I get better signal with the older radio, and maybe it'll fix this little bug I'm having.
    01-04-10 01:44 AM
    does this hybrid contain the best radio for verizon? If not, whats the best and how can i obtain it?
    01-04-10 09:21 AM
    Interesting...I'll look into this

01-04-10 10:13 AM
    Also, using the L theme from nathanix website, my email icon keeps disappearing until i change back to default theme then back to the L theme but then it goes missing randomly
    01-04-10 10:48 AM
    i installed the OS last night. ive run into a problem with my bluetooth. it will pair with another device, but theres nothing being transmitted. ive tried it on 2 bt devices. both the phone and the device say theres a connection, but theres not. any thoughts?
    01-04-10 11:05 AM
    EDIT: My email icon (envelope with globe) keeps disappearing with ANY theme, randomly, but switching themes brings it back (annoying though)
    01-04-10 11:23 AM
    So if I'm correct, I think there's a little bug in the radio that lets people talk for about 50 minutes. After that point, it resets. Is it possible to use, maybe a 4.5 radio?
    I get better signal with the older radio, and maybe it'll fix this little bug I'm having.
    The call termination is a problem with Sprint phones. There is only one base radio files for OS 5.0 for the 8330 in which all other files are added. There are other hybrids that use the 4.5 radio as a base, but do not include the features of 5.0.
    01-04-10 11:42 AM
    does this hybrid contain the best radio for verizon? If not, whats the best and how can i obtain it?
    There is only one leaked 5.0 OS radio for the 8330, the base .230. So yes, this hybrid contains the best available radio for Verizon.
    01-04-10 11:45 AM
    I installed this hybrid on my Verizon 8330 several days ago, and I am having an odd problem.

Whenever I put my phone in my BB charging dock I get a message that says
    "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source [...]" after a few seconds.

I do not have this problem when I use regular charging adapter, nor does it come up when I have is connected via USB to my computer; only in the charging dock.

I tested it out, and it does in fact charge, however the charge icon doesn't show up over the battery and this message pops up. It is more of an annoyance, since I use a dock at home and at work a lot.

Anyone else having this problem or have any ideas?
    01-04-10 12:55 PM
    The call termination is a problem with Sprint phones. There is only one base radio files for OS 5.0 for the 8330 in which all other files are added. There are other hybrids that use the 4.5 radio as a base, but do not include the features of 5.0.
    So I make the assumption that I can't just "throw" the 4.5 radio onto Birdman's hybrid? When I was on 4.5, I got better reception, but all these features made it worth the loss of signal at certain spots
    01-04-10 04:38 PM
    I has no friends
    Kidding, I just moved out to the country, so that's not really an option right now

Anyone else know of a mirror that will work? Or my potential service book problem?

You could always teather you blackberry and use You laptop to go Online. It just might take a wile for the soft wear to download

01-04-10 06:37 PM
    You could always teather you blackberry and use You laptop to go Online. It just might take a wile for the soft wear to download

I've been trying to tether my berry for a while, but I'm on virgin and everywhere I look no one has the dial number or the username and password.
    Tetherberry isn't an option as my 7 day trial is up and I have no idea if mobishark has a trial or how to get it
    The only other option I can think of right now is if someone has the zip/rar file and would be willing to send it to me through bbm?

01-04-10 07:24 PM
    mobishark has a 10 megabyte trial.
    01-04-10 07:36 PM
    mobishark has a 10 megabyte trial.
    Yeah that's for sure not enough to get this

01-04-10 09:56 PM
    anyone have or know a fix for my email icon dissapearing then coming back when i do a theme switch from L to precision then back? quite annoying
    01-05-10 01:54 AM
    I installed this hybrid on my Verizon 8330 several days ago, and I am having an odd problem.

Whenever I put my phone in my BB charging dock I get a message that says
    "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source [...]" after a few seconds.

I do not have this problem when I use regular charging adapter, nor does it come up when I have is connected via USB to my computer; only in the charging dock.

I tested it out, and it does in fact charge, however the charge icon doesn't show up over the battery and this message pops up. It is more of an annoyance, since I use a dock at home and at work a lot.

Anyone else having this problem or have any ideas?
    Yup, my phone does the same but if you leave it overnight, it will have a full battery =P It is a weird problem....It has to do with the .230 base and there is nothing you can do unless there is a new leak or an official OS released.
    01-05-10 03:14 AM
    I've been trying to tether my berry for a while, but I'm on virgin and everywhere I look no one has the dial number or the username and password.
    Tetherberry isn't an option as my 7 day trial is up and I have no idea if mobishark has a trial or how to get it
    The only other option I can think of right now is if someone has the zip/rar file and would be willing to send it to me through bbm?

We'll I have a backup copy on my comp so I could send I to you through BBM. I guess your using your phone so you can't see my pin in my sig but just give me yours and I can send it to you.

01-05-10 10:22 AM
    We'll I have a backup copy on my comp so I could send I to you through BBM. I guess your using your phone so you can't see my pin in my sig but just give me yours and I can send it to you.

Really? Thank you sooo much! my pin is 31F8F344

01-05-10 01:06 PM
    Shame, I never thought of upgrading my girlfriends 8330. Didn't know 5.0 was available for it. She's still running the stock firmware from Sprint. Is there anything that might not work with the update? What improvements can I expect?
    01-05-10 01:31 PM
    As founder of Nathanix (Host of Birdman's infamous 8330 hybrids) I would like to thank Birdman, JustinAdams and all of the amazing community we have put together both in the Nathanix BBM groups and on our forums. Head over to the nathanix.com forums to meet and greet with our 8330 5.0 community. Rock on folks!
    01-05-10 06:05 PM
114 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD