so i'm unsure how to move my contacts from my EnV to the BB. i have my contacts backed with backup assistant on my phone and that saves it on the pc on the VZW site.

how can i transfer?

thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 08:40 AM
    do you have desktop manger for bb installed yet?
    07-23-08 09:08 AM
    Assuming they are both Verizon phones....Any VZW Store will transfer the contacts for you free of charge. They have a Cellbrite machine that is more than capable of handling this for you. Once you get the contacts transfered, back them up using the DM.

Unfortunately the Back-up assistant wont work with BBs or any PDA
    07-23-08 09:20 AM
    thanks to you both! no, i didn't get my Curve yet.

i will get it Cellbrited!
    07-23-08 11:51 AM
    Welcome to CB. Let us know when you get the Curve.
    07-23-08 06:41 PM
    Got it today!

07-24-08 09:26 PM
    or, if you have bluetooth on your computer, you can prompt to send contacts from your EnV to computer (it's an option in the bluetooth menu on most vzw os-using phones) Very handy. Then you can save some time, because the least amount of time in a VZW store, the better.
    07-25-08 02:46 AM
    "Switch Device Wizard" works great if you have the data cable for both. I couldn't imagine the EnV doesn't have that though.
    07-25-08 10:43 AM
    "Switch Device Wizard" works great if you have the data cable for both. I couldn't imagine the EnV doesn't have that though.

thanks! i don't have a computer though. i can get acces to one but i just got it cellbrited!
    07-25-08 11:36 AM
    Assuming they are both Verizon phones....Any VZW Store will transfer the contacts for you free of charge. They have a Cellbrite machine that is more than capable of handling this for you. Once you get the contacts transfered, back them up using the DM.

Unfortunately the Back-up assistant wont work with BBs or any PDA
    Not all VZW stores will do the transfer for free. At least not the ones in my neck of the woods. They wanted $10 just last week for me get my contacts off my old LG V & dump them onto my Curve. Needless to say I just spent a little time getting familiar with my new phone & copied everything over myself. If it's supposed to be free then maybe I should report the clowns around here for charging for the service.
    08-02-08 03:05 PM
    Indirect stores may charge for this service. Corporate stores do not.

08-02-08 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD