You may be able to help me. I am trying to install my school email account on my BB 8330. When I first got it I was able to, then I had to change my password for the email, ever since then I have not been able to add that account. It is MS Outlook, but through my school. If you know of anything I can do, I would certainly appreciate the help.
    10-12-09 01:51 PM
    You may be able to help me. I am trying to install my school email account on my BB 8330. When I first got it I was able to, then I had to change my password for the email, ever since then I have not been able to add that account. It is MS Outlook, but through my school. If you know of anything I can do, I would certainly appreciate the help.
    Try this, How to Forward Email to a BlackBerry | eHow.com

Sprints BIS website is found here, BlackBerry Internet Service

the password I believe is the same to login to sprint.com but not 100% sure.

If the email account is still on the BB make sure you delete it off of the blackberry so it doesn't cause any other problems when you try to put it back on.

P.S make sure you also have outlook higher than 2002, because i read somewhere it has to be higher than 2002 for it to work.
    10-12-09 04:40 PM
    I really benefited from this post, thanks for the time put into it.
    thanks for reading and you comment. :P
    10-12-09 04:40 PM
    I've had my Bold since Aug/09 and have been learning since then as this is my first BB. The most useful trick is holding the bb menu to get windows like alt-tab and not needing 2 hands on the bb. Thanks for posting this and the time you spent researching the info!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 08:30 PM
    Good info - some beyond me for now.
    By chance... I downloaded a ringtone to my Tour by mistake from VZW for my wife's Samsung. Any way yo move it to my card to switch it to her phone or forward it?
    10-18-09 08:37 PM
    Love all the great info. Is there a way to alphabelize the apps. I'm a newbie and have found things in alpha order help me. Sorry if this is a dumb questions.
    10-19-09 01:04 PM
    Love all the great info. Is there a way to alphabelize the apps. I'm a newbie and have found things in alpha order help me. Sorry if this is a dumb questions.
    No way to do it automatically, you could do it manually lol if you want to take the time doing it.
    10-19-09 08:24 PM
    Good info - some beyond me for now.
    By chance... I downloaded a ringtone to my Tour by mistake from VZW for my wife's Samsung. Any way yo move it to my card to switch it to her phone or forward it?
    Only thing to do now is call verizon and ask for a credit and tell them your story, they are pretty understanding on things like that, and fyi you can put ringtones onto your blackberry via usb and not have to purchase from Verizon. Google up ringtones for blackberry, use songs already on your pc.
    10-19-09 08:26 PM
    I have a question:

When I change the value of any field and click the 'Esc' key, I get the popup:

Changes Made! Save/Discard/Cancel

I always have the 'Discard' option highlighted by default.

Is there any way to change it so that the 'Save' option is highlighted by default? Is it theme controlled?

Thanks in advance.
    10-20-09 10:39 AM
    I have a question:

When I change the value of any field and click the 'Esc' key, I get the popup:

Changes Made! Save/Discard/Cancel

I always have the 'Discard' option highlighted by default.

Is there any way to change it so that the 'Save' option is highlighted by default? Is it theme controlled?

Thanks in advance.
    well by the looks of your profile I see you have the 8800 so it might just be that phone but I'm not sure since I have not owned or used that model.

What I would do is back up all your info, reinstall your OS and see if it still does it. If it does then its something with the phone.
    10-22-09 02:55 AM
    Does anyone know how to view recently added contacts in your phone?
    10-29-09 01:57 AM
    I currently have the Blackberry Tour. Is there a way when the phone rings it will announce the persons name instead of just a boring old ring?

Thanks much!

Phil
    11-04-09 07:05 PM
    I currently have the Blackberry Tour. Is there a way when the phone rings it will announce the persons name instead of just a boring old ring?

Thanks much!

Phil
    I have yet to come accross this feature. You do know you can make ringtones with your MP3's on your PC and use them as your ringtone. If you wanna learn how PM me, & i'll give you the info.
    11-05-09 01:01 PM
    I'm buying another BB for my wife and want to switch between phones to make sure all is working well before I hand off to her, so I wanted to know if it is possible to have multiple phones on the same computer DM.
    Does DM create separate files for each phone, so when they are hooked up it recognizes each PIN/ESN and loads accordingly?
    Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere, I searched and never really found an answer.
    Thanks for the help.
    11-09-09 01:32 PM
    I'm buying another BB for my wife and want to switch between phones to make sure all is working well before I hand off to her, so I wanted to know if it is possible to have multiple phones on the same computer DM.
    Does DM create separate files for each phone, so when they are hooked up it recognizes each PIN/ESN and loads accordingly?
    Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere, I searched and never really found an answer.
    Thanks for the help.
    My wife and I both have Curves...when you connect, the Desktop Manager identifies them by PIN, displayed in the bottom left. There has never been a problem with crossing them up.
    Hope that helps.
    11-09-09 03:47 PM
    I am hoping it works the same way for my 8330 and the Storm I am getting for my wife .
    11-09-09 04:10 PM
    Just finished reading your post again. This time the most useful item was how to turn caps lock on. Tried to find this in the BlackBerry manual and other places and never did so I thought that perhaps you could not. THANKS AGAIN!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 11:02 AM
    I have a noob question.will it hurt my battery to charge with my phone on.old school here always charged my phone when it's off.but now i have a storm 2.(love it)dont want to kill my battery.thanks.
    01-03-10 05:08 PM
    Hi, I put a ringtone on for my calls but how do I put a text alert message when I get a text? I did it on my 8310 but I forgot how I did it.......Thanks
    01-06-10 06:51 PM
    is there a way to visibly hide a folder within the pictures section of the media area on ur blackberry?

edit: never mind i figured it out
    Last edited by XXXdc5; 01-07-10 at 08:18 AM.
    01-07-10 07:49 AM
    How the heck do I find where my call history is. This is my first blackberry so I am newbie and I am getting really frustrated that I cant find this, also how can I set up my blackberry to show who is calling if they are in my contacts list as of now all it says is incoming call.
    01-11-10 11:27 PM
    awesome man thanks
    01-12-10 03:27 AM
    Hi THESE ARE GREAT!
    Have a problem dropped bberry in puddle and now tryng to ge info off hard drive to put into new one.......the thing I need to be sure I get as well as the usual stuff is all my notes on tye notepad..........any ides a) how I can back it up infuture and b) how I can get it on to new bberry? Thanks so much
    01-14-10 08:47 PM
    When I first set up my blackberry I let someone else use the Facebook app before I did and now her page is the default. How do I change this??

Thanks!
    01-15-10 02:08 PM
    I have a noob question.will it hurt my battery to charge with my phone on.old school here always charged my phone when it's off.but now i have a storm 2.(love it)dont want to kill my battery.thanks.
    You may already have an answer. However!
    I am in the battery business and it does not harm batteries or devices to charge them while "on". May be some exceptions that I am not aware of.
    Yes, charge your phone with phone turned on.
    01-17-10 06:25 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD