I'm using the new T-Mobile 8900. I just bought a new wireless router (Belkin) to take advantage of the free minutes while I'm at home. I set up the WiFi connection and I can browse, text, and ping, but I cant hear the other end of the line when I make phone calls. They can hear me, but I can't hear them. Any reason why?
    05-18-09 07:50 PM
    great guide. everything works swell. Thanks OP.
    05-23-09 01:55 PM
    how do i find my internet browser on my blackberry storm cause i think i dont have it.. can someone please give me an answer????
    05-26-09 06:23 PM
    it an unlocked blackberry storm and i have at&t
    05-26-09 06:24 PM
    Hi, I have a Curve 8900. My problem is that when I occasionally get a wifi connection (it always says its connected to my home network but the wifi logo rarely lights up) the browser does not find pages until it reverts back to gprs! I am using a netgear DG834G V4 router. Even more rare is the UMA logo!! help!
    06-01-09 02:21 PM
    hello,

i cant send the wifi service books to my BB curve, is there a way to download this? or to do this manually?

thank you
    06-01-09 07:18 PM
    Hi,i have done everything you write in this thead... and it works but i stop in this step :

Step 2 : Tweaking your BlackBerry's Settings

Next, we will fine tune some other connection properties. Navigate to Home Screen > Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options. Under 'Connection Preference' make sure you have 'WiFi preferred' selected.

I cant find "Wifi prefered" under connection preference and y thonk that this is maybe what i causing my issues with my bill, beacuse, i have delete all the service books for WAP,MMS and i only surf from wifi but sometimes i get a charge from blackberry.net on my telephone bill...

anybody had this problem?
    06-07-09 02:11 AM
    Great guide, thanks a lot!!
    06-07-09 05:34 AM
    Hi, I dont know if this is posted in the right place but i'm having a problem with my wifi, my son and I have the same phone 8900, and his wifi is working fine and mine isnt and were using the same linskys router and he wont fix it for me so i guess i need help here. my problem is that when i try to connect after i do the scanning part it just comes back saying:
    UNABLE TO CONNECT
    REASON: W002: WI-FI
    CONNECTION: FAILED
    now i dont what this means. also on my service status says:
    WI-FI NETWORK: OFF
    ACTIVE PROFILE: NOT CONNECTED
    SSID: NOT CONNECTED
    TYPE: NOT CONNECTED

also it says this to:
    WIFI ON (AND THE BOX HAS A SLASH)

ALSO:
    VPN: DISABLED
    UMA WIFI AVAILABLE (ALSO AN X IN THE BOX)
    CONNECTION HAS A SLASH IN THE BOX.

Can anyone please tell me what all this means?
    06-08-09 09:19 PM
    Not entirely sure yet what these sttings improved but I'm sure I'll find out eventually.

Cheers much

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 05:57 AM
    Hi,i have done everything you write in this thead... and it works but i stop in this step :

Step 2 : Tweaking your BlackBerry's Settings

Next, we will fine tune some other connection properties. Navigate to Home Screen > Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options. Under 'Connection Preference' make sure you have 'WiFi preferred' selected.

I cant find "Wifi prefered" under connection preference and y thonk that this is maybe what i causing my issues with my bill, beacuse, i have delete all the service books for WAP,MMS and i only surf from wifi but sometimes i get a charge from blackberry.net on my telephone bill...

anybody had this problem?
    i have an 8900 how do i set to "WiFi preferred"??
    06-09-09 04:12 PM
    hi. I just got my new bold and am having a tough time connecting to my work wifi. i can get my tytnII to connect with no issues, but using the same N/W Kiey and the same IP Settings (of course when the TYTNII is offline), I still cant get the bold to work. Please help
    06-09-09 04:45 PM
    really healpful thanks
    06-09-09 06:59 PM
    Hi, I just got my bb8900 a few days ago. Everything is working just fine with the 8900 including a few 3rd party app that I installed. The only thing I can't get to work is that I can't browse using the wi-fi feature. I have already linked it to my home router and it indicates that it is connected, but when I try to browse, I just get the message "unable to find the requested server". I know that my router is working fine since my laptop has no problem browsing. I suspect there are some configuration settings that are incorrect. I would appreciate any help on this. Anyone have any ideas?
    06-12-09 11:48 AM
    Nice Guide thank you!
    06-13-09 07:08 PM
    Hi,
    Just got my new BB 2 days ago. I followed this great How To guide and was able to get my browser working w/o any problems but after I updated the OS to v4.5.0.153 (from v4.2.2.180), now when when I select the default Browser setting to be Hotspot Browser and Save Options, it always changes back to T-Zones. It wont keep the Hotspot Browser setting no matter what. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
    06-14-09 01:19 PM
    Answered my own question. I went back into the Desktop Manager and restored the old Browser Settings from the backup that the DM made before I updated the OS. Thank Goodness for that restore feature! I shouldnt have been so anxious to upgrade to the latest OS, especially since v.153 wasn't an official release but rather a leaked version that was less than a couple weeks old.
    06-14-09 06:38 PM
    Thanks for sharing the list. I will try when I go home
    06-14-09 11:07 PM
    your guide was amazing thanks a million . things have improved greatly on the problem i had but still got anther couple of question. i have a curve 8900 and basically although i was gettin connected to my router (was def showing up with its name) however the wifi symbol at the top right was mostly grey not white after your browser tweaks i seem to have it white a great deal more but it does still switch back to grey for periods(60seconds or so). is there any other tweaks you can reccomend and also does doing a wifi hotspor login help this when i am at home(where i mainly seem to get this)? it seems to be when i click on this option if im 'grey' i get the wifi back again.also does it make a difference if i have my mobile network switched off when wifi...this seems to help a little. thanks again for the guide !!! kev
    06-15-09 01:43 PM
    Awesome stuff! Thanks so much. I was struggling with the Wi Fi. Not anymore!
    06-15-09 03:14 PM
    The support rep at AT&T directed me to these wi-fi support instructions. Unfortunately I am unable to successfully activate wi-fi on my BB Curve 8900 (just purchased this on June 8).
    I am using a Belkin N1 wireless router. Do you know if this is what my issue is?
    Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    David
    06-17-09 08:54 PM
    Hi, Thanks very much for your very clear and handy guide on how to set up a wifi connection. It helped me.
    06-18-09 06:03 AM
    I currently have t-mobile service with ONLY the e-mail option no internet. If I select wifi preferred as my connection preference (on automatic) and my home wifi connection drops out for some reason will it automatically switch to t-mobile's service, or will it drop the connection. I'm really new to this and I just want to make sure I don't encounter extra charges on my bill due to internet use on t-mobile's network.
    Thanks for the help. and GREAT guide for someone who isn't familiar with this stuff whatsoever like myself..
    06-24-09 09:17 PM
    Is there a reason why most public wifi spots dont work or is it just me?
    06-25-09 04:09 PM
    I have a Curve 8900 (Javelin?) and got it primarily because I have a WiFi account available to me most wherever I go. I was under the understanding, or miss-understanding that as long as I had a WiFi enabled device and WiFi availability I would be able to browse the net. When I encountered problems I called T-Mobile and they told me that I had to purchase a plan to do that. If the phone is the device, and I have the network available to me should I have to pay another fee just to access what I'm already paying for? Isn't this like Dell, Toshiba or HP making me pay a fee for accessing the net using one of their laptops when I already have an ISP??
    06-26-09 01:47 AM
601 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD