Hello All
    In the new advert from RIM UK that James brought our nations attention, I noticed that the main character pressed/clicked his Blackberry to show the screen and the only displayed was the time in large font.

Is this just a feature somewhere on the Bold 9900 that he was using or was it an app??

FYI my device is a 9860 running OS 7.1

For those that havent seen it - go check it out, its a really nice advert!

TIA

J
    06-15-12 04:59 AM
    That just look like the default clock app to me.

edit: To get that you just have to go into the clock app, and then options. There's a few options inside, analogue, digital, etc.

BTW, nice ad.
    Last edited by Alex_Hong; 06-15-12 at 05:46 AM.
    06-15-12 05:39 AM
    That is what I get when I plug in my charger to the BB...
    06-15-12 05:43 AM
    Thanks for the replies....

I just wondered if there were some settings somewhere because it looked like it was a screensaver or something to me as his berry screen was blank/off and when he pressed a button/trackpad/unlock (whatever) and the screen came to life the clock was displayed (see the point around where he is going for lunch).

I am aware of the clock settings and yes my clock appears when I put my berry on charge too.
    06-15-12 06:18 AM
    The default clock isn't all that nice.

This one and especially the flip clock looks a lot nicer.
    06-15-12 06:23 AM
    Thanks for the replies....

I just wondered if there were some settings somewhere because it looked like it was a screensaver or something to me as his berry screen was blank/off and when he pressed a button/trackpad/unlock (whatever) and the screen came to life the clock was displayed (see the point around where he is going for lunch).

I am aware of the clock settings and yes my clock appears when I put my berry on charge too.
    Perhaps he just has his clock app running prior to the screen dimming off by itself, without pressing the lock button. Thus when he press a button on the trackpad, the screen came on with the app still running?
    06-15-12 06:28 AM
    It's a photoshopped marketing shot.
    There is no default setting to show the clock on the lock screen, and I've been unable to find an app to do it either.

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold�
    06-15-12 07:34 AM
    Flip clock is cool. You should check it out.
    And to show clock on the main screen, just run the clock app.
    06-15-12 07:56 AM
    It's a photoshopped marketing shot.
    There is no default setting to show the clock on the lock screen, and I've been unable to find an app to do it either.

Actually:

He unlocked the phone into the clock app.
    Run the clock app, lock the phone and unlock it and see what happens.

It ALL legit.
    06-15-12 10:39 AM
    Actually:

He unlocked the phone into the clock app.

Run the clock app, lock the phone and unlock it and see what happens.

It ALL legit.
    Ah, that makes sense now... totally pointless, but it makes sense.

06-15-12 10:53 AM
    Ah, that makes sense now... totally pointless, but it makes sense.

Not pointless at all, I use that when driving sometimes and once you have the clock showing you can press T for timer or S for stopwatch, very handy, I used it when I had one hour parking to remind me.
    06-15-12 11:08 AM
    I always thought it would be great if there was a "Clock" based theme, kind of like the display on the front of the Style. I should be minimalistic, show notifications at the top, and work like any other Home Screen. As for the ad, yes, that's what he's doing. He was in clock before the shot and happened to lock the phone, which is a good idea so you don't actually press "b" and put the Blackberry in Bedside Mode. He then took it out, pressed the lock/unlock button, and checked the time. I do this all the time.
    06-15-12 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD