04-27-14 08:30 PM
578 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Thanks ..Works Awesome
    10-24-08 11:11 AM
    The Bar Display will revert after a battery pull or soft reset, just type the sequence again..

-For Pearl users, yes the sequence is diff. than linda's first post.

its: (8) key 2x, then (9) key 1x, then (L/') key 2x.

think alt + N N M L L

Thanks for the tip again Linda!

i get decent data connection and phone in certain spots in subway, at -100 to
    -120 go figure!

cheers!
    You are VERY welcome! And yes, for the 8820 and several others, the key sequence is: ALT + N M L L
    I think you got a typo above?

If you have cell contact in the range of -100 to -120, that is AWESUM. you have a super receiver with great sensitivity, and a bit better than mine.
    10-24-08 05:17 PM
    Hi all, I'm brand spankin' new to bot berries (Black & Crack! ) I have the Curve 8330. I tried this and it shows 1x. What does that mean?
    I love what I see here so far, very helpful stuff for us newbies. Thanx everyone.
    Leslie
    10-24-08 07:04 PM
    cool! it work on my curve 8330
    10-25-08 11:52 AM
    Thanks simple to the point and easy you rock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 12:51 PM
    Thanks a ton! Worked on my 8330! :-)
    10-25-08 10:57 PM
    Hello Crack heads,

This is my first post as I am a new BB user my self. I picked up the Curve from Verizon. Curse you Verizon for crippling our phones. Well after reading all 18 pages, I found out the font color and size cannot be changed for easier visibility.

So my question is, is there a way to change the top banner area where all the info resides to a different color that would allow easier viewing of this information. Would a theme creator enable this?

Love the site from what I have seen so far. Thanks for all the extremely useful information.

By the way even crippled, it is still the best phone I have ever had, and I have had many.

Thanks, and sorry for the rambling.

Jeff
    10-26-08 07:09 AM
    Jeff,
    You could search the themes for one that looks the way you like(don't worry about the home screen image as much as the way you want the banner to look, you can always change picture), or download theme builder and make your own.
    10-26-08 07:26 AM
    Sweet, I like it. I had to open my fav wallpaper in paint and edit it a little to make it visible.
    10-26-08 07:59 AM
    Cool Trick---worked on my 8330----thanks for the helpful hint
    10-28-08 04:00 PM
    Cool Trick---worked on my 8330----thanks for the helpful hint

YW Have fun!
    10-28-08 05:24 PM
    Hello Crack heads,

This is my first post as I am a new BB user my self. I picked up the Curve from Verizon. Curse you Verizon for crippling our phones. Well after reading all 18 pages, I found out the font color and size cannot be changed for easier visibility.

So my question is, is there a way to change the top banner area where all the info resides to a different color that would allow easier viewing of this information. Would a theme creator enable this?

Love the site from what I have seen so far. Thanks for all the extremely useful information.

By the way even crippled, it is still the best phone I have ever had, and I have had many.

Thanks, and sorry for the rambling.

Jeff
    I was just getting on here to say that all it did was make my bars go away and see if anyone knew what I was doing wrong. Then I read your post and realized that maybe I just couldn't see it (I use the all black background). I just love how everyone keeps each other up to date hear and helps each other out. Thank you to every one.
    10-30-08 02:00 PM
    Thanks Worked with Bold also
    11-02-08 09:18 AM
    worked on my Bold! Coolness!
    11-07-08 12:39 PM
    worked on both my 8310 and my 8330... thanks for the good tip...
    11-20-08 09:45 AM
    Sweet trick - will keep that on the bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 10:40 AM
    Yes it does. I just did it. Ours even displays the full 3 numbers when it gets really weak... Just make sure you hit the BN key twice to get the N.
    New to BB101

Thanks for the info to hit the BN key twice...that was my problem...I'm set now.
    11-21-08 06:24 PM
    Is there a way to do this on the Storm?

My understanding is the "alt" key is the !?123 key. If you hold that down, you simply lock the symbols and can't type the letters.

I assume there's a way to do this but I'm stumped. This tip is great and much better than going into status to get a true read on signal strength.
    11-26-08 08:49 AM
    cool beans. now, what's the shortcut key for the battery %??
    11-26-08 11:36 AM
    Pretty cool. It works on my 8830WE. I had to reduce my font to 7 and change to a different theme to keep it unobstructed, but cool nontheless.

Thanks!!!
    11-26-08 12:56 PM
    thanks for the info

On my 8830 curve running 4.5, it will show signal levels down to -256 when there is no signal, all three digits show, but they are a little small

still, kinda of a nice trick, thanks.
    11-26-08 01:35 PM
    neat trick, thanks.
    11-26-08 04:25 PM
    Is there a way to do this on the Storm?

My understanding is the "alt" key is the !?123 key. If you hold that down, you simply lock the symbols and can't type the letters.

I assume there's a way to do this but I'm stumped. This tip is great and much better than going into status to get a true read on signal strength.

on the storm :

open the keyboard in landscape mode .
    press and hold the !?123 key untill it locks then release it .
    then type :

! , " "

those are the same keys as

N M L L

you just dont have to hold the alt button on a storm it holds itself....
    11-27-08 09:14 AM
    on the storm :

open the keyboard in landscape mode .
    press and hold the !?123 key untill it locks then release it .
    then type :

! , " "

those are the same keys as

N M L L

you just dont have to hold the alt button on a storm it holds itself....

Awesome. That worked. Thank you very much.
    11-27-08 09:52 AM
    Will this work on the Storm and if so, which keyboard and in which mode? Pardon my ignorance.
    11-27-08 02:19 PM
578 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD