has anyone figured out how to make this bigger
    I don't think it is possible to change the size of the dBM numbers.
    12-26-08 06:21 PM
    storm one works fine. its outlined in white against the black lettering so you can see it on black or white background. but when im in messages on landscape the letters are off the screen so it shows "-9" instead of "-95" for example. only beef ive found so far. good info any case.
    12-26-08 08:08 PM
    PocketDay supposedly will display it along with signal strength. I didn't see an example on their screen shots, but I wrote them requesting to purchase just those features if possible. I'll post the response when I get it.
    Not to *****, but RIM should really get with the program on this one! If you can see it in status, you should be able to display it on your home screen.
    P.S. - Linda Anne, your the bomb!
    12-27-08 06:56 AM
    My Lord these guys respond fast:
    No, we can't do anything to the homescreen. RIM doesn't allow developers to access that. Sorry
    Just damn!
    Final verdict (almost):
    Yes, with PocketDay you can display % of battery and dBm, but not where it is on the home screen. It shows on there software displayed on home screen. Downloaded trial and set it to show battery %, but still displayed like home screen would. I was hoping to give you guys a screen shot. It looks like the software has a lot to offer, personally I like a clean home screen. If I had a BB for work I can see where I'd be more interested.
    I'll play more later, but I've got to get to work on my car!
    Last edited by BigBadWolf; 12-27-08 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Added final verdict.
    12-27-08 08:14 AM
    Really good stuff. I rearranged my theme just so I could see the numbers. And apparently my wifi connection averages at -55 and my network connection averages at around -88. Very helpful if you want to know which of the two would allow for a better call. The number are also really useful when tracking around the house for a stronger signal. I always get 3 bars at home, but with the numbers I was able to find places where I can get it up to -79. Thanks a lot Linda.
    12-29-08 11:02 AM
    Didn't work with my 8310, it just showed nothing.
    12-30-08 03:10 AM
    Didn't work with my 8310, it just showed nothing.
    Your signal may be to weak. Try a different reception area.

Also try doing a battery pull-restart and trying it.

_edit_

Sorry I didnt see you carrier and incorrectily presumed it was us based. It should work on all models, but I dont know if the 8310 has been confirmed as working
    Last edited by dms936; 01-01-09 at 10:52 PM. Reason: i cants read
    12-30-08 11:37 AM
    This does not work on pearls, I tried 3 different pearls at work and none work. The curve worked right away.
    12-30-08 05:21 PM
    Press n twice then mll, and no dark tones in wallpaper where bars are now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 07:20 PM
    This does not work on pearls, I tried 3 different pearls at work and none work. The curve worked right away.
    Other users report success on Pearl but you need to type in multitap. Search earlier in this thread.

01-01-09 07:54 PM
    It works for the pearl. While holding down the ALT button, you need to press the [8/B/N] button twice to get the N before proceeding to press the M, and L buttons

---Edit---
    Sorry, need to press the L button twice, so:

Hold down ALT, press [8/B/N] twice, press M once, press L twice
    ---Edit---
    It worked fine on my VZW and T-Mo Pearls

I did have a delay sometime, defintely worth doing a battery pull before trying
    01-01-09 10:53 PM
    Very nice feature....but does not work on all custom themes I have. Works fine on default themes that come with the phone. Sorry if this has already been posted.
    01-03-09 04:05 PM
    Very nice feature....but does not work on all custom themes I have. Works fine on default themes that come with the phone. Sorry if this has already been posted.
    It wasn't posted in this thread i don't think, but if I recall correctly out of the 4 stock themes it only works with the Dimension style theme, maybe the L Its deep in the forums somewhere
    01-03-09 08:53 PM
    Are the bars still there, or do you now see nothing where the bars were? Don't recall any issues with themes, just wallpaper. The font is always black.

01-03-09 10:04 PM
    The lowest I had was -71 this works on pearl 8100. You can also view it in options>status

01-04-09 04:17 AM
    It doesn't show up on my homescreen- don't know if it because of the theme but it does show when I'm using a broswer. The lowest reading I'd gotten is -80 but reception is awful in my home with Sprint. I do get a few dropped calls daily

01-05-09 05:33 AM
    Cool! Something else that separates the BBs from the rest of the cell world.
    01-05-09 07:52 AM
    Just got my worst ever reading using the 'alt NMLL' command! -256dbm in the bar of the Waldorf Astoria!
    01-05-09 08:46 AM
    a way to do it on the storm?
    01-06-09 01:41 PM
    Thanks for the info here. I've always wondered what defined the bar level, and this is really useful. I often work in remote locations and sometimes spend 15 minutes at a time looking for a signal. Thanks again!
    01-09-09 09:51 AM
    a way to do it on the storm?
    on the storm :

open the keyboard in landscape mode .
    press and hold the !?123 key untill it locks then release it .
    then type :

! , " "

those are the same keys as

N M L L

you just dont have to hold the alt button on a storm it holds itself....
    01-09-09 10:02 AM
    That is a very cool trick! Worked on my Bold, but I had to push:

alt, N, alt, M, alt L, alt, L

Thanks for posting this!!! I had seen it somewhere, but couldn't remember how to do it.
    01-12-09 05:16 AM
    Can I move or turn off the battery level icon on the main screen?
    01-22-09 02:04 PM
    Well I updated my os two days ago and after the reset the signal bar came back. So I did the button presses again and it removed the bar but didn't put the numbers in its place. Any ideas?

01-23-09 09:13 AM
    That is a very cool trick! Worked on my Bold, but I had to push:

alt, N, alt, M, alt L, alt, L

Thanks for posting this!!! I had seen it somewhere, but couldn't remember how to do it.
    You are welcome! I posted this a long time back, just after getting my 8820.. sure wish I knew how to do the same thing with the battery level.

Linda Anne
    01-23-09 10:41 AM
578 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD