I'm talking about the Bold 9930 and other phones of that era: What cell plans (if any) will still work with aa BlackBerry? I don't need anything fancy, just calls and maybe texts (and I know BIS won't work). I would prefer plans that work on CDMA (such as the Verizon BBs). I appreciate any and all help I can get :)
    04-07-21 10:12 AM
    I'm talking about the Bold 9930 and other phones of that era: What cell plans (if any) will still work with aa BlackBerry? I don't need anything fancy, just calls and maybe texts (and I know BIS won't work). I would prefer plans that work on CDMA (such as the Verizon BBs). I appreciate any and all help I can get
    No one in the US will activate a 3G phone anymore.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-07-21 12:16 PM
    I'm talking about the Bold 9930 and other phones of that era: What cell plans (if any) will still work with aa BlackBerry? I don't need anything fancy, just calls and maybe texts (and I know BIS won't work). I would prefer plans that work on CDMA (such as the Verizon BBs). I appreciate any and all help I can get
    You mention Verizon, but do you just own one of their phones? Or are you in the US?

US... it's over for CDMA and GSM, the service are still functional, but no one will add a new device at this point. AT&T was last to allow BIS devices to be added, but that's done now. If your in another market, you might be able to use it, as it does have some GSM capabilities. You'd have to compare it's radios to the carrier's in your market.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-07-21 03:07 PM
    I have a Bold 9930 that was on Verizon for a while, and I still have the SIM inside of it that has the Verizon and Vodafone logo on it.
    04-08-21 11:42 AM
    In my country, Italy, BIS still supported by TIM. I still use my bold and Playbook with all BB services.
    04-09-21 04:12 PM
    In my country, Italy, BIS still supported by TIM. I still use my bold and Playbook with all BB services.
    Are you aware that this will likely stop on January 4th of 2022?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-09-21 06:05 PM
    I know
    Ben xfg likes this.
    04-10-21 04:19 PM
    I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't live on..... BlackBerry's getting to the point they can't turn down revenue, no matter how small it might be. Even if all they get is $1 a user per month, and there is only 50K BBOS users still active... that $600K a year in revenue. At what cost to them? Heck if it's break even, Chen ain't shutting it down.

Now BB10.... no revenue there to protect.
    04-12-21 10:56 AM