hii there,,

I usually save them on my memory card, but when I try in the options I got
    this message;
    "you have chosen to save your chats this may not be permitted under local law you should conferm that this is permitted before turning it on."
    can anyone help me please? THANKS A LOT !
    09-27-10 03:34 PM
    Ignore that warning and acknowledge that you will save them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 03:37 PM
    What Rootbrian said.

The warning is due to some US states having laws that both parties would need to be aware of the Chat being saved. RIM has to cover its liability!
    (Btw, no such law in Canada. Only one person in a conversation must be aware it's being recorded in our Great White North.)

I ignore the warning, and it saves to memory card just dandy.
    09-27-10 03:46 PM
    but the device has stpped saveing the chats for at least 10 days !!
    09-27-10 04:20 PM
    but the device has stpped saveing the chats for at least 10 days !!
    Can you answer a few questions?

1. What are your versions for your OS and BBM?
    - Find OS by typing myver and then SPACE into any text field, or by checking Options/About where it should be 3rd line with a v in front of it, i.e. v5.0.0.862
    - Find BBM version by going to BBM, clicking MENU key and selecting Options, then clicking MENU again and selecting About BlackBerry Messenger. Most current official version is 5.0.1.38

2. How exactly are you checking for the saved Chats?
    I can click MENU while highlighting any Chat or Contact, or while inside any Chat, and select View Chat History. Do you have this option as well?

3. Does this approx 10-day timeframe correspond to any other events with your device, such as changing your OS, upgrading BBM, changing devices, damage to device, etc?
    09-27-10 06:55 PM
    Can you answer a few questions?

1. What are your versions for your OS and BBM?
    - Find OS by typing myver and then SPACE into any text field, or by checking Options/About where it should be 3rd line with a v in front of it, i.e. v5.0.0.862
    - Find BBM version by going to BBM, clicking MENU key and selecting Options, then clicking MENU again and selecting About BlackBerry Messenger. Most current official version is 5.0.1.38

2. How exactly are you checking for the saved Chats?
    I can click MENU while highlighting any Chat or Contact, or while inside any Chat, and select View Chat History. Do you have this option as well?

3. Does this approx 10-day timeframe correspond to any other events with your device, such as changing your OS, upgrading BBM, changing devices, damage to device, etc?
    ok,
    1.my version is V.5.0.0.593
    and my BBM version is V.5.0.0.66
    2. yes, this is my way to see chats

3. didn't get it =\!
    09-30-10 05:58 PM
    What Rootbrian said.

The warning is due to some US states having laws that both parties would need to be aware of the Chat being saved. RIM has to cover its liability!
    (Btw, no such law in Canada. Only one person in a conversation must be aware it's being recorded in our Great White North.)

I ignore the warning, and it saves to memory card just dandy.
    There's only like 8 or so "two-party notification" states. I find this weird though, it doesn't ask when you save a text or an email.

09-30-10 10:37 PM
    Hi Steve, I've never looked into it, but I was under the impression that it was a slight majority of states. Interesting if it is only around 8.

Texts and emails traditionally are received into a message list or inbox. Therefore the sender could be reasonably expected to know it was being recorded. This is the equivalent of voicemail. Yes it's a phone call, but you know by definition that it's being recorded.

BBM is an IM app. If a text is the equivalent voicemail, these are more the equivalent of a 1-on-1 phone conversation. The delivery is mostly real-time and most IM's message strings were traditionally not recordable, so there isn't the same expectation to be recorded.

We're getting to the point with technology that almost everything is becoming real-time, and the previously distinct lines are being blurred. Who knows how this will all be handled in the not-too-distant future.

I'm just explaining the thinking behind it. I personally think it's silly to have this warning with saving BBM chats.

09-30-10 11:55 PM
    ok,
    1.my version is V.5.0.0.593
    and my BBM version is V.5.0.0.66
    2. yes, this is my way to see chats

3. didn't get it =\!
    Okay the solution might be as simple as upgrading your BBM to the current official version 5.0.1.38.

1. First ensure you have Remote Backup enabled. In BBM, click MENU and select Options. Scroll down until you reach the Backup & Restore. Select Backup, then remotely, and ensure your primary email on your BB is displayed and that the option is enabled.

2. Go to this link from your BB's Browser:
    http://www.blackberry.com/messenger

PS you do have a media card in your device, right�? (Just checking!)

10-01-10 12:31 AM
    Okay the solution might be as simple as upgrading your BBM to the current official version 5.0.1.38.

1. First ensure you have Remote Backup enabled. In BBM, click MENU and select Options. Scroll down until you reach the Backup & Restore. Select Backup, then remotely, and ensure your primary email on your BB is displayed and that the option is enabled.

2. Go to this link from your BB's Browser:

PS you do have a media card in your device, right�? (Just checking!)

can't I keep tjis version of BBM, I didn't like the new one, so I downgraded it last month !
    and yes, I do have one =D
    10-01-10 06:48 AM
    okay the solution might be as simple as upgrading your bbm to the current official version 5.0.1.38.

1. First ensure you have remote backup enabled. In bbm, click menu and select options. Scroll down until you reach the backup & restore. Select backup, then remotely, and ensure your primary email on your bb is displayed and that the option is enabled.

2. Go to this link from your bb's browser:

ps you do have a media card in your device, right�? (just checking!)

posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bte thanq very much for your time, and solutions =d
    10-01-10 06:49 AM
    My pleasure! We all run into these annoying problems and need some backup sometimes� Just like the classic "I've looked everywhere for my glasses!" But you need someone to tell you they're already pushed up on your head!

Anyway! I can't recall the exact thread, but there was some discussion of this a couple months back. Some people didn't even see View Chat History as option, let alone have it working. It was only working for those with newer OS's and the then-beta BBM 5.0.1.XX.

Curious: you're not alone apparently, but what didn't you like about the BBM upgrade? Lots of new/fixed features in there, but I know some don't the new background colours for chats. (Others love it!)

10-01-10 09:22 AM
    My pleasure! We all run into these annoying problems and need some backup sometimes� Just like the classic "I've looked everywhere for my glasses!" But you need someone to tell you they're already pushed up on your head!

Anyway! I can't recall the exact thread, but there was some discussion of this a couple months back. Some people didn't even see View Chat History as option, let alone have it working. It was only working for those with newer OS's and the then-beta BBM 5.0.1.XX.

Curious: you're not alone apparently, but what didn't you like about the BBM upgrade? Lots of new/fixed features in there, but I know some don't the new background colours for chats. (Others love it!)

sorry I'm late, my internet conection was dead !
    I hated the colous, also te fact the I can't see who've read the BC's I send, no R and D.
    but I love the fact that I can add more than a 100, and my status changes normally =D
    10-03-10 06:43 AM
    "No R and D"? You didn't see D and R for your comments in a Chat as they were Delivered and Read, respecrively?
    (I'm probably just too tired, but I'm not sure what "BC's" stands for�)
    I see the D & R no problem. If you didn't, it might have been your theme.
    Plus the pics being sent through automatically so they never expire is soooo much better!

10-03-10 11:43 AM
    no R & D, no delivery report I mean here..

BC stands for Broadcasts =Pp
    10-04-10 01:12 PM
    Oh okay. Yeah there's a bug with the Broadcast Messages for sure. I don't know if the bug lies with the BBM version or with their server.

For delivery

10-05-10 05:12 AM
    Hi Steve, I've never looked into it, but I was under the impression that it was a slight majority of states. Interesting if it is only around 8.

Texts and emails traditionally are received into a message list or inbox. Therefore the sender could be reasonably expected to know it was being recorded. This is the equivalent of voicemail. Yes it's a phone call, but you know by definition that it's being recorded.

BBM is an IM app. If a text is the equivalent voicemail, these are more the equivalent of a 1-on-1 phone conversation. The delivery is mostly real-time and most IM's message strings were traditionally not recordable, so there isn't the same expectation to be recorded.

We're getting to the point with technology that almost everything is becoming real-time, and the previously distinct lines are being blurred. Who knows how this will all be handled in the not-too-distant future.

I'm just explaining the thinking behind it. I personally think it's silly to have this warning with saving BBM chats.

I could post the list, but its a huge minority. Even two-party notification states require just that, notification. Consent is not needed.

I certainly can see the argument with the other mediums that one would expect the message to be saved in some way.

10-05-10 05:35 AM
    I wantt some help
    here are the answers for your Question

1- 9360/7.0.0.353 (b1680)

2-Yes i do and this is what appears * empty chat *

3- i thought the problem was caused because an upgrade was needed,but i upgraded bbm and the problem was still there.

please answer i need your help Thanks xx

Twitter: @joycie_amir
    04-09-13 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD