So I downloaded Messenger 5.0 this morning and I love it. However... when someone sends me a picture file - I only have the option to save it. When I do so, it moves the file to my picture folder in my media and I can't open it after that.

Any suggestions?
    10-09-09 12:50 PM
    you have to save it and then once it is saved there will be an option in your chat to view the picture. very stupid i know.
    10-09-09 12:52 PM
    I also have a version of this problem. I only get the option to save them and then when it trys to receive them, it takes forever to download. Sometimes, they don't even download.
    10-09-09 12:54 PM
    yes, i think thats more whats happening in my case... this blows... I am a picture sending fool via messenger!!! UGH! My berry never shows that the device is receiving the file...
    Last edited by monica_mrg; 10-09-09 at 01:03 PM.
    10-09-09 12:55 PM
    I was having the same issue receiving pics from my bf, while he was receiving mine just fine. You can suggest to the person to try sending them to you via Menu>Send File> File> then browse media card for picture as that way seems to work for us. Its kind of a pain, but it works.
    Or if it's just one specific person you have trouble receiving from, you can make a group with them, as pics save automatically for you.

Good luck!
    10-09-09 01:12 PM
    You can suggest to the person to try sending them to you via Menu>Send File> File> then browse media card for picture as that way seems to work for us.
    I tried this the other day and it didn't make any difference for me and my GF. This is the one thing about the new BBM that I don't like AT ALL! I liked alot better before when the pic would send and you had the option to view it, download it, or delete it. That's the way that they need to do it... I guess it has something to do with being able to send larger files over BBM... wish it could differentiate between pictures and everything else...
    10-09-09 01:50 PM
    yeah, you got to save it, and usually that means having an sd card....
    10-09-09 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD