Hi..

I tried to install the new BBM this morning and when i rebooted after the installation my BBM disappeared.

So I tried to uninstall and reinstall and when i click on the BBM icon its as Uncaught Exception: missing resource files. I tried pulling the battery and the same message appeared. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks..
    12-23-09 05:29 PM
    Try downloading it again from www.blackberry.com/messenger
    12-23-09 05:41 PM
    I've re-downloaded 3 times now...
    12-23-09 05:51 PM
    Perhaps you could try deleting and reinstalling it through desk top manager,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 06:00 PM
    If the DTM doesn't work, the next step is to try backing up, wiping and reinstalling the OS.

12-23-09 06:36 PM
    If the DTM doesn't work, the next step is to try backing up, wiping and reinstalling the OS.

yea that wont ever hurt.
    12-23-09 06:58 PM
    Need to uninstall. This error happens when a software installation bricks in the middle of the process. Once it is uninstalled download and install again and you should be fine. This happened to me when updating docs to go.

12-23-09 08:26 PM
    bbm kept prompting me to upgrade to the new 5.0.057 (whatever the new version is) and it disappeared. i tried downloading it again and it won't open and says uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointerexception HELP!
    I've deleted, rebooted, pulled battery mulitple times and still doesn't work.
    01-07-10 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD