it says that the software its not compatible with my device. anyone having the same issue?
    11-13-09 07:58 PM
    Maybe you downloaded the Bold's version by mistake.
    11-13-09 08:00 PM
    no its the 8900 version
    11-13-09 08:02 PM
    going thru DM or loader.exe?
    11-13-09 08:09 PM
    both .... i am using DM 5.0
    11-13-09 08:12 PM
    some people had alot of issues OS loading in DM 5.0. i still use 4.6 and never have an issue.
    11-13-09 08:19 PM
    Make sure all other OS's are deleted off of your computer by going to control panel > uninstall programs and then makes sure all other OS's are deleted.
    11-13-09 08:52 PM
    Start over. Something's corrupted. Replace DM5 with DM4.6...reload .348 to your loader files and delete the vendor file. Hook up your 8900 to DM4.6 and let it check for new software. The rest is automatic as DM4.6 will 1st backup your current programs then delete everything from your BB before it turns off your radio and starts to load .348. (Would help too, if you have a friend who's previously upgraded go through the process with you).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 08:57 AM
    If you use DM 5.0, disconnect your internet. Because you'll have the vendor file downloaded again, hence you can't install it. Try it first. Delete the vendor file, disconnect internet, run DM.
    11-14-09 09:31 AM
    What is the EXACT error?
    I am guessing there is another copy of vendor.xml installed somewhere. If you are using Vista and possibly 7 there is another copy hiding. do a search of all files on your PC for vendor.xml and remove them all.
    11-14-09 09:48 AM
    What is the EXACT error?
    I am guessing there is another copy of vendor.xml installed somewhere. If you are using Vista and possibly 7 there is another copy hiding. do a search of all files on your PC for vendor.xml and remove them all.
    Hey Sith, if another vendor.xml were found wouldn't the DM just respond with the message that there's "no software available for your device..." rather than indicating a software incompatibility?

11-14-09 10:24 AM
    Hey Sith, if another vendor.xml were found wouldn't the DM just respond with the message that there's "no software available for your device..." rather than indicating a software incompatibility?

If the error is "No compatible applications were found" its the same thing

Update: Ok my last post the error I was thinking of isnt a vendor.xml thing, but its worth a shot in OS related installs anyway
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 11-14-09 at 10:42 AM.
    11-14-09 10:26 AM
    If the error is "No compatible applications were found" its the same thing
    Ok, hadn't seen that one...!

11-14-09 10:30 AM
    Happens when you have all beta OS or OS not for that device installed on your machine and a vendor.xml present with no 3rd party apps. I am paraphrasing the error since i have not seen it in some time. Doing a google search for the exact one.

Update: No additional applications designed for your devic... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Something Like that is what you were saying yes?
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 11-14-09 at 10:38 AM.
    11-14-09 10:31 AM
    11-14-09 10:41 AM
    Happens when you have all beta OS or OS not for that device installed on your machine and a vendor.xml present with no 3rd party apps. I am paraphrasing the error since i have not seen it in some time. Doing a google search for the exact one.
    Google search? The OP has been strangely quiet...may not be necessary now. ;-)

11-14-09 10:46 AM
    Its very simple, u just need to force upgrade

Run cmd.exe point to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Now type: Loader.exe /NOJVM

Note:
    - Make sure, delete Vendor.xml @ C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    - Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files make sure to remove/delete other bb model os from there if you already installed, make sure only there have 1 blackberry OS, which model you want to do update. Example : 8900M_v5.0.0.348_P5.2.0.23

~Do it with you own risk!~
    11-21-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD