I'm sorry if I posted on the wrong section, but i really wanted to have Berrylicious V5 on my Curve 3G, so I saw the instructions, but, as the title says, I don't have the "Loader Files" folder, i have the BlackBerry Software Updater, and I tried to uninstall it, and re install the current software that i have, which is '6.0 Bundle 2647 (v6.0.0.600, Platform 6.6.0.223) but the Software Updater did not reinstall itself, but it reinstalled my software again. I tried googling but i can't find the base files thingy which needs to be put on the Loader Files folder because i thought to myself that if i put it myself, then maybe I can install it myself, but i can't see the "Base Files" as said in the instructions.. So.. Any HELP?
    10-21-11 05:37 AM
    Look here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files
    10-21-11 09:26 AM
    i already looked there but still nothing. i have the "Shared" folder but i don't have the "Loader Files" and the rest of the folders.
    10-21-11 09:43 AM
    any help? i'm still awake. :| - i REALLY want to use the Berrylicious V5 >
    10-21-11 10:19 AM
    If you did the default install, that's where the OS files should be.

Let's review the process. Could you list the steps that you took to load the OS and then load the hybrid over it?
    10-21-11 11:15 AM
    What do you mean with load the OS? I update my BlackBerry using the Desktop Software. Nothing more. Until I discovered Hybrids, I want to use them now, but i can't cause i can't see the folder base thingys. And i still don't have a Hybrid installed.
    10-21-11 11:20 AM
    To use a hybrid, you have to install the BlackBerry OS to your PC before you load the hybrid. If you're using DM for your OS updates, it's loading from the Internet to your phone. It's almost like doing an OTA update through your PC. The phone OS does not get installed to your computer, therefore, DM does not find it.

Follow the instructions on this page
    #The BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com
    Choose either loading with Loader or loading with DM. You can get the right OS from that page link as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Underway99; 10-21-11 at 01:18 PM.
    10-21-11 01:12 PM
    Look here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files
    If you are running a 64bit OS, the loader.exe is in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Or from a command prompt type:
    cd \
    dir loader.exe /s

The output will show you the directory it is hiding in.
    10-21-11 01:21 PM
    You have installed an OS already correct?
    10-21-11 07:42 PM
    yes on my phone, the software update.

Underway99: what do you mean install the software on my PC?
    10-21-11 11:18 PM
    yes on my phone, the software update.

Underway99: what do you mean install the software on my PC?
    You have to install the OS onto your PC to load it to your phone.

Look at this post: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

This link will take you to RIM, where you can grab the latest OS for your 9300. https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...4B931C35A169B0

Once you have the OS file copied to your desktop, install it on the PC and follow the instruction in the first link above (the Blackberry 101 guide).

If you are set on installing the hybrid, then you have to load that OVER the regular OS that you've loaded onto the PC. THEN install the modified OS to your phone.
    ryanrochefort likes this.
    10-22-11 01:20 AM
    Oh. Okay. I already know what to do. Thanks Underway99! I figured it myself. though I'm really thankful that you guys are helping as this is my first Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-11 03:31 AM
    hi I am a woman so I don't know much about tech issues but am not stupid ha! my bold 9700 is 7 years old, never did the default sync on my pc, never ever linked my bb to my pc, dons ask me why, just the way it is, I got the app 552 reset and trying to follow the steps but I am stuck at
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\ THEN CANT FIND RESEARCH IN MOTION, just not there
    Please help! thanks also I dunno which OS is on my bb
    08-16-13 04:52 PM
    hi I am a woman so I don't know much about tech issues but am not stupid ha! my bold 9700 is 7 years old, never did the default sync on my pc, never ever linked my bb to my pc, dons ask me why, just the way it is, I got the app 552 reset and trying to follow the steps but I am stuck at
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\ THEN CANT FIND RESEARCH IN MOTION, just not there
    Please help! thanks also I dunno which OS is on my bb
    Unless you have downloaded and installed a BB OS on your computer the RIM Folder will not exist.

Latest OS for your phone is: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...7714E62F84FC6E

Download, install and you will find the folder you are looking for.

Elite 1's guide as to how to install the OS on your phone follows in case you are unsure of how to proceed:

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1.(Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2.Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
    *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3.Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4.On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5.Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6.Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7.(Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8.On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
    64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9.(Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10.In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11.After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1.Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2.Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3.Restart PC.
    4.Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5.Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6.Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

Any problems, ask away.
    08-17-13 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD