I'm wondering if anyone has ever had any trouble deleting messages from the BIS inbox.

I'm on the 8900 Curve and after upgrading to 5.0.0.411, I can't seem to delete the old, backed up, pushed, unread messages in my Gmail inbox.
    Once I click delete, I am presented with an option to delete "On Mailbox & Handheld", "On Handheld", and "Cancel". Both the first two options don't work.
    Basically, once I click delete on handheld, the message stays in the inbox. How can I get rid of these problem messages. I've done a battery pull. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
    01-21-10 04:48 AM
    Me too, did you ever get this figured out?
    07-04-10 02:55 PM
    Have you tried highlighting the date bar at the top of the messages page and select "delete prior"? Or Menu/ Reconcile now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 09:29 PM
    I'm afraid I didn't. I gave up and removed the gmail mailbox and switched to the gmail app on my BB. If anyone ever figures it out do post here so we can get it working again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 03:18 AM
    I have the Storm 2, and I can no longer delete emails from my phone (in Gmail) on the web. Even if I select the "On Mailbox and Handheld" option, it does not delete in my Gmail web account....just no my phone.

What do I need to do to fix this?
    08-06-10 02:15 PM
    This happens to me all the time
    08-08-10 11:44 PM
    Hello All - I think the solution is as follows -

1. Login to Gmail email account portal from Web browser

2. "Archive" all conversations (email) from Inbox - in other words empty it.

3. Log out

4. From Blackberry phone go to Settings | Email Settings and delete Gmail account

5. Reboot Blackberry phone

6. Re-establish Gmail account in Email Settings

This worked for me - After a few test emails I was even able to Delete Prior Opened again. I've a sinking feeling this may have something to do with the Gmail side and where sync is concerned. Hope this helps.
    09-14-10 02:09 PM
    2. "Archive" all conversations (email) from Inbox - in other words empty it.
    This bothers me - I don't want to empty/archive my entire inbox
    09-15-10 03:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD