Hi guys, i have a problem:
    just got a used unlocked 9900 and i want to update to 7.1
    I have a PC Win7 64bit
    Downloaded 7.1.923 from DoCoMo, installed it, deleted vendor.xml
    I do all the tutorials, but still AppLoader says no actions required, no update or smth like that, it doesnt see the new OS, DM doesnt find the new update, nothing happens, About still shows 7.0
    BTW, I didnt put my SIM card in, and I dont have BIS or BES.
    What do?
    Thanx in advance.
    06-07-13 07:25 AM
    You see on your PC, can you install 2 OS of 9900?
    and you access: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\BlackBerry\... and delete vendor.xml,...
    06-07-13 07:39 AM
    come again now?

i deleted BOTH vendor files, still AppLoader sees no update, when I try to update through DM, I go update>view other versions>choose version and it shows
    "This BlackBerry� Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry� solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry� service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service."
    But that would mean that I cant update without BIS or what?
    Also, when choosing from other versions, there's an asterisk saying
    *Only active BlackBerry service subscribers are entitled to install this BlackBerry Device software upgrade

I tried both online and offline, still the same.
    Help please.
    Last edited by fatninja28; 06-07-13 at 04:22 PM.
    06-07-13 03:06 PM
    I finally did it!!!
    was using this tutorial Update BlackBerry Operating System (OS) - N4BB
    THANX N4BB!

Just for laughs, I managed to do another thing:
    I was supposed to do a device wipe, so I plugged in my BB, started BBSAK and pressed Wipe... only to discover that I plugged in the wrong BB
    So now I have to install a new OS on my 9700 also
    Dont laugh too much, it was a long day
    06-07-13 06:18 PM
    hi. i just want to ask how you did it.updated the OS..ive been trying to update mga curve 9380 to a 7.1. the OS can be seen on DM. ive deleted vendor.xml. I did download an OS version specific for my carrier and country though. but it still doesnt work. is still get the ""This BlackBerry� Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry� solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry� service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service." error...ive tried to remove my media card coz someone suggested it. ive switched it to airplane mode ..i tried using apploader but it doesnt help. ..the only thing i havent tried is to use BBSAK. please help...
    12-31-13 07:21 PM
    Hi, you need BIS active

hi. i just want to ask how you did it.updated the OS..ive been trying to update mga curve 9380 to a 7.1. the OS can be seen on DM. ive deleted vendor.xml. I did download an OS version specific for my carrier and country though. but it still doesnt work. is still get the ""This BlackBerry� Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry� solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry� service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service." error...ive tried to remove my media card coz someone suggested it. ive switched it to airplane mode ..i tried using apploader but it doesnt help. ..the only thing i havent tried is to use BBSAK. please help...
    12-31-13 07:35 PM
    Hi, had the same problem. Just now, not earlier so that is reason for my late reply ;-) First of all, sorry that I don't mention links but as I'm newbie I cannot post http links yet... :-/
    What I did was:
    1. - backuped my BB and did extra backup of my ServiceBooks. Aftewards, I uninstalled BDM, all previous versions of BBOS and runned clear disk and registry defrag. several times. just to be sure... Afterwards, I tried to find and delete all (even hidden) files related to Research In Motion. don't forget to restart.
    2. - downloaded "v7.1.0.1098. Google it here in forum. Installed and restarted.
    3. - downloaded BBHybrids Tool. Again, search this forum.
    4. - start BBH Tool, select appropriate version of OS (top of page), delete Vendor.XML (button at lower left corner) and Shrink your files. Simply, click on anything what you want to erase.
    5. - After operation in point 4 is complete,

• REMOVE battery from your BB and connect USB cable
    • In BBH Tool click on Launch Launcher
    • In Launcher confirm all messages and select optional installations
    • During progress simply put your battery back
    • Wait till installation is complete
    • Here we go with 7.1 even without BIS/BES. Then just put your ServiceBooks back.
    • Et voil�!!!

This way, I was able to use 7.1 on my BB 9900 even without BIS/BES and only with common data plan and Wi-Fi. YES, I know that this is not fully working BB but this is just the way what is enough for me. Well... to be hones, my Galaxy SIII mini is more powerful machine and this BB is enough for my everyday work.

Good luck!
    Last edited by ufon007; 08-03-14 at 07:18 AM.
    08-03-14 06:48 AM