Ok, so I apologize if this has been answered. I've tried to find an answer but to no avail. I stupidly purchased a droid and after 3 weeks of distain I swaped back to a blackberry. I upgraded from my curve to the tour however it didn't come with bbm nor brickbreaker. I'm not sure if they are supposed to. I downloaded bbm and now I cannot find it anywhere on my phone.

Help please?

Is bbm supposed to be an independant program or just built into the messaging?
    11-28-09 08:47 PM
    downloads folder
    folder with a gold arrow on it...look there
    had the same problem with most downloads
    when i first purchased my tour
    11-28-09 09:04 PM
    What he said.... And a reset

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 09:51 PM
    tried it. Nothing. I'm going to try to re download it
    11-28-09 09:57 PM
    Did you look in the applications folder?
    11-28-09 09:59 PM
    I looked everywhere but still no luck finding.
    11-28-09 10:06 PM
    Did you show all to make sure it is not hidden?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 10:07 PM
    so its not hidden, i've un installed it and re installed. I'm resetting again. I still can't find it.
    11-28-09 10:24 PM
    Did you look in the Social folder? Seems like when I down loaded my BBM5, it was hidden in there... but look in all the folders, I'm sure it's there somewhere.
    11-29-09 07:40 AM
    Had the same problem If you downloaded bbm 5.0 from App World, then go back to App World. Go to my MY WORLD (last icon on the right on App World Main Screen).

You should see BBM there. For some reason, it might download, but not install. See if it says downloaded, or installed.

If it says downloaded, I think you hit the Blackberry Menu Key and Install should be an option. Then you can install it.

Not sure why it does this, but several people have done it the same way after I found it sitting there as downloaded but not installed.
    11-29-09 07:46 AM
    I do not have the BBM icon anywhere on my device, yet in Options|Advanced Options|Applications...it's listed. I've turned off hidden icons and looked in every folder.

For the OP...see if you have BBM in your Applications List.
    11-29-09 08:22 AM
    I do not have the BBM icon anywhere on my device, yet in Options|Advanced Options|Applications...it's listed. I've turned off hidden icons and looked in every folder.

For the OP...see if you have BBM in your Applications List.
    EDITED: I finally found my BBM 5.0 in the list of running apps (hold down the BB key until it displays).
    Last edited by LarryMcJ; 11-29-09 at 09:15 AM.
    11-29-09 09:10 AM
    It goes into the instant messaging folder by default and you have to move it onto your homescreen....
    11-29-09 09:14 AM
    It goes into the instant messaging folder by default and you have to move it onto your homescreen....
    But if you don't find it there (as I did not) press and hold the BB key until you see the list of running apps. In my case BBM 5.0 was sitting there, waiting for me to "Accept the Terms...yada, yada" and once I did that all worked well.
    11-29-09 09:17 AM
    Curious...after you accepted terms and yadda yadda-ed, were you able to find the app anywhere? (Mine ended up in my "downloads" folder).
    11-29-09 02:55 PM
    Curious...after you accepted terms and yadda yadda-ed, were you able to find the app anywhere? (Mine ended up in my "downloads" folder).
    I never could find the actual BBM 5.0 icon anywhere. It was always on my running applications bar (hold down the BB key) but never found it anywhere else.

Uninstalled/reinstalled it several times (major PITA as it's a very slow download for some reason)...never did find it on my BB. Right now it's uninstalled...not going to bother again until I figure it out.
    11-29-09 03:59 PM
    Uninstalled/reinstalled twice...only place it ever shows up for me is in my running applications bar (hold down the BB button). I can't find app icon anywhere else on my BB.
    11-29-09 04:02 PM
    Has anyone figured this out?

My dad just got the 8520, and i was palying with it and could not find the app anywhere, only in the "switch application" listing.
    12-03-09 09:43 AM
    Has anyone figured this out?

My dad just got the 8520, and i was palying with it and could not find the app anywhere, only in the "switch application" listing.
    Yes...I should have posted the solution. Look in the "Instant Messaging" folder...you'll find it there.
    12-03-09 11:10 AM
    When I hold down my blackberry button i see the bbm icon there, but there only. How do you then get it to your homescreen or anywhere else for that matter.
    01-04-10 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD