I am on Enterprise Server and doing Verizons latest update. I did OTA twice and took hours to do and lags. Connect to DM and says no update available.
    Is there any way to install new update through DM?
    If so, how. If not how can I stop the freezing/lagging on 9930?
    Appreciated, thanks.
    PS-done OTA's before and was fine-just curious why it takes 6+ hours to download-back up-reinstall-restore?
    08-08-12 06:47 AM
    Download the OS from here. Shrink what you want out, start Desktop and it will prompt the upgrade.
    08-08-12 07:32 AM
    Download the OS from here. Shrink what you want out, start Desktop and it will prompt the upgrade.
    Perfect-Just curious what you mean by shrinking what you want out and how you would do that? I downloaded standard version.
    Also read instructions-not sure what to do after downloading it. Do I have DM open or run exe and then turn on DM?

Appreciate the response and solution!!!!

PS-Was thinking of restoring it to factory settings and then doing installation-since taking so long think there might be a bug? What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by popeye; 08-08-12 at 07:49 AM.
    08-08-12 07:39 AM
    For shrinking I recommend http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...s-tool-579729/. Don't shrink anything you're unsure of, unless you ask first.

Yes, run the exe to install the OS on your PC, then run Desktop to install.

I wouldn't recommend wiping first. OTA is a PITA, that's why it takes so long, and can result in problems. If you wipe first, BES won't reactivate automatically.
    08-08-12 09:16 AM
    For shrinking I recommend http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...s-tool-579729/. Don't shrink anything you're unsure of, unless you ask first.

Yes, run the exe to install the OS on your PC, then run Desktop to install.

I wouldn't recommend wiping first. OTA is a PITA, that's why it takes so long, and can result in problems. If you wipe first, BES won't reactivate automatically.
    Did your suggestion and works flawlessly. Smooth running and took less than an hour. Huge difference.
    Appreciated and many thanks!
    08-09-12 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD