Bought a Classic I notice on BB10 or at least the Classic your are able to change you BlackBerry device name. Can you do that on the Bold 9900.

I want to use the 9900 as a secondary phone without occurring additional charges. Can I put a nano SIM card with adapter into the 9900 and use it when the main phone is off? If the device name is the same will there be a problem with 2 different device name using the same SIM card? Not using both phones at the same time.

I can see only one problem with two devices having the same name and that is the Desk Top OS7 vs BB10 link for back ups and restore.

I have seen other posting on doing this but can not find the tread. I think it might have been a posting within a off topic thread.

Have it might as well use it.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 01:35 PM
    No real experience with this, but it might be in the Bluetooth settings?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 01:36 PM
    If not, I think you can via Desktop Manager when you're plugged in. Can't remember for sure...

I'll see if I have any BBOS devices with live batteries in a bit.
    02-05-15 01:44 PM
    Can you change your BlackBerry Device name on a 9900?-img_20150205_194143.jpg

Just received my billet SIM card adapter to convert a nano SIM for the 9900. Nice quality
    02-05-15 09:50 PM
    May be in bluetooth setting.
    04-09-15 12:35 PM
    You can easily change the device name, but it doesn't matter.

If you're doing it for bluetooth, the device name doesn't matter.
    If you're doing it as a backup remember that you have two different desktop apps and can just backup each device in different places (they're two different programs, blackberry desktop, and blackberry link)

what you WILL have as a problem is that most providers don't deal well with you going in and out of BIS service.

When you're on your Blackberry 7 device it needs BIS to get internet and will ask for it from the provider. When you switch back the Q10 doesn't communicate that you need it OFF, so you won't have internet until you call your phone provider and tell them you don't need BIS any more. then it'll be off and you'll have to call to get it back on.

That's the real issue you'll have.

The solution to the problem you think you have will work, but it's not a real problem.
    04-24-15 09:59 AM