Hello all, long time BB user on TMO having problems with BIS email. We have 1and1 for our email and I set up the email accounts on the BB and through the TMO webpage. I can send emails out from the BB but cannot receive any emails. I tried resend the services books, deleting and readding the account, and a battery pull.

Settings:

pop.1and1.com
    port 110
    SSL - No

Username and password are correct.

Anyone else have issues like this? I have no problems with my Gmail account.

This is on a BB Flip, no OS upgrades.
    Last edited by tataj901; 03-18-09 at 01:12 PM.
    03-18-09 01:05 PM
    When you say through the TMO web page are you referring to the TMO Blackberry BIS site? If not, consider looking for this web site and then double check to see if maybe a filter was somehow setup which caused your problem.
    03-18-09 01:12 PM
    Yes it was through the TMO BIS site. No filters are setup.
    03-18-09 01:14 PM
    Okay I think of only two other things, but first you are getting them on your computer?

1. go to the email address you are not receiving and open it. The click on the Blackberry button and scroll to options. Next go to Email Reconciliation and see check your settings. My read Delete On: Handheld, Wireless Reconcile: On, On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins.

2. If you are not getting them on the PC, check your Spam folder to see if they are there and correct the settings.

After that I am not certain what it could be, but I'll continue to do research here on CB and get back to you if I find anything else.
    03-18-09 01:28 PM
    Thanks for the tips. I think it might have something to do with Outlook - I have Outlook set to not keep messages on the server. Maybe its pulling the messages down before it hits BIS.

I'll do some more testing and report back.
    03-18-09 03:02 PM
    Was this problem ever resolved. I have my new BlackBerry Curve 8520 and the main reason I switched was so that I could receive my University email while at Uni. They use a GMail server configuration and I can send email from my BB but not receive.

Have tried a battery pull, resending service books, deleating account and reinstalling/setting it up. Nothing I can find seems to work.
    01-11-10 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD