Hi all,

I did a quick search and was unable to find my situation. I have an 8830 for work. My primary email is an exchange account and we run a BES. I configured my personal pop3 account with no trouble through the email settings icon.

I am trying to help a guy out who is on a 7130 (exchange and BES for primary email). WHen trying to add his personal account, the email settings icon takes us to BIS where it wants a login which we do not know. Using the PIN we were able to get a password but still have no login/username to go along with. I tried the PIN as the username and it didn't work. Is it not possible to just configure a secondary email without having to go through the BIS? If so, how? If not, how do we retrieve the username for the BIS.

I apologize if this is a dumb/simple question. I have setup numerous BBs on the BES and configured for use with our exchange servers, but have minimal experience with setting up secondary accounts on the BBs. My 8830 was the first that I did and it was piece of cake. This 7130 is my second attempt and first run in with BIS.

Thanks all for any insight/advice/help,

Jay
    03-07-08 10:22 AM
    Without BIS or BES there is no email. Gotta have one or the other. If Sprint has a BIS page for registered users, that would be the place to start, once you have the plan.
    03-13-08 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD